Days or nights (Full or Part Time)Location:
Up to £17.50 DOE + excellent benefitsEvolve Consultant:
We are seeking Registered Nurses who are dedicated to providing a high level of care and can offer a friendly approach to residents. You will be joining an exciting team in a care home in Derby, who offers specialist residential care for dementia. On a day to day basis you will assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. Ensuring Residents retain their dignity and individuality is highly important to the care home.
It is of high importance to our client that all staff members maintain a good standard of clinical and nursing practice and have an awareness of developments in the care and treatment of residents. For this reason, training and development courses are provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded care group whilst developing yourself professionally.Essential Requirements
- RGN/RMN qualification
- NMC PIN number
- Satisfactory Adult First Check and DBS reference
- Two satisfactory written references
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
Role Specific Competencies
- Provide a high standard of resident care and ensure that high standards are maintained in line with NMC Codes of Practice and standards.
- Conduct pre-admission assessments when required. Creating specific care plans to meet the needs of the residents. Monitor and review care planning needs for residents and update daily in the Person Centred Software system in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring residents retain their comfort and dignity. Pay particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility, or physical/learning difficulties, making the best of the aids provided.
- Liaise with Doctors on the care and treatment of the residents and ensure that administration of medication and treatment are correctly carried out and inform Doctor of any changes in resident's conditions.
- Order prescribed medication when required and ensure medicines are appropriately received and stored.
- Assist in the delivery of care for residents who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with the last offices. Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the resident and the bereaved family, in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Answer Nurse Call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly and pass on any messages promptly.
- Carry out checks on residents at regular intervals and report on the wellbeing of Residents.
- Other responsibilities as per job specification.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Willingness to participate in further training
If you want to hear more about this role, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now'!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90785324