Allegis Group is a multi-branded specialist in providing tailored staffing solutions to market leading clients. As the largest privately-owned staffing company globally, we consistently outperform our competitors and continuously deliver on our promises.
With staffing at the core of what we know best, we understand how important people are to any business, therefore at Allegis Group we invest in the training and development of our people, offering continuous opportunity to those who earn the right.
Our goal is to become the staffing and services company others aspire to be.
The Financial Accountant will have full responsibility for the management and statutory accounts for various legal entities within the group's European businesses as well as ensuring adequate controls are in place during the predicted rapid growth of the businesses. The successful candidate will be an ambitious individual with solid accounting experience. They should have a proven track record of delivering accurate and timely reporting and should be able to hit the ground running within a high performing corporate finance department.
- To produce the monthly management accounts ensuring accuracy and submission deadlines are met
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to report accurately on operations and ensure that Group processes are implemented and working efficiently
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including the bank, intercompany, payroll and tax related accounts, as well as P&L variance analysis
- To support and review an annual overhead budget from the bottom up
- To prepare the year end statutory accounts and assist the auditors during their fieldwork
- Ensure the VAT returns and reconciliations are complete in a timely manner
- Identify and report any areas of potential risk in a timely manner to the Finance Manager
- Ad hoc financial analysis and investigative tasks
- Carrying out of such ad-hoc tasks as required by the Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller
Skills and Knowledge
- Part Qualified with ACCA / CIMA
- Fully PC literate with the ability to use MS Windows 7 products
- Aptitude for continual learning and development with different systems, applications and multiple software packages
- Ability to use IT packages, mainly Excel to analyse and manipulate data
- Previous recruitment or similar industry background is desirable
- Previous experience of PeopleSoft Financials is desirable
- Previous experience of Hyperion Financial Management is desirable
- High level of attention to detail
- Active listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Process driven
- High level of numeric and analytic ability
- Highly organised, attentive and solution orientated.
- Capable of working competently with diverse groups of people, data and processes accommodating an everchanging environment.
- Confidently interfaces with all levels of staff internally and externally.
- Personally accountable
- Continuous learner, seeks growth and improvement
- High character and work ethic and is a role model for others.