Based near Stockbridge in Hampshire, this is an opportunity to join an innovative and disruptive online retailer specialising in products for the hearing impaired. The company is seeking a transformation in the marketing /ecommerce function from one of narrow focus on search-based marketing to a full suite of marketing channels. The expectation is that the current marketing budget of ~ £1.25M will grow to ~ £5M in next 4 years in line with revenue. At a pivotal time of change in the hearing industry, this is a great chance to play a vital role in delivering the company's ambitious growth plans.The Market
- Hearing loss impacts around 1 in every 7 of the global population: equating to in excess of 1 billion people with only around 15 in every 100 currently serviced.
- $9bn global market forecast to increase to $14.5bn by 2026
- Historically controlled by 5 major manufacturers who have dominance over manufacturing and distribution.
- New technology, changing legislation and consumer expectations are combining to cause major disruption in the market.
- On-line offers a massive price advantage and convenience to consumers.
As CMO you will be responsible for leading and planning the execution of a multi-channel digital and analogue media strategy to meet revenue targets within budget requirements.
You will create a clear plan for short and long-term growth and profitability by increasing traffic, revenue, conversion rate, average order value and overall user experience, whilst optimising customer lifetime value and minimising bounce rate and customer returns.
Working in close collaboration with the senior management team and in particular the Finance Director and reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be based in our offices currently in Stockbridge.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Complete ownership of marketing plan, strategy and budget.
- Developing and implementing the brand strategy and complete mapping of customer journey/s and lifecycles.
- Development and reporting on a suite of agreed KPI's along with annual marketing budget, plan and monthly board reporting pack.
- Regular review of balance between internal and external resource requirements.
- Competitor benchmarking and monitoring.
- Website development and improvement across all criteria including conversion rate, bounce rate, site speed and funnel transition.
- Consistent evaluation and testing of multiple marketing channels both digital and analogue.
- Marketplace exploitation to compliment brand and website strategy.
- Creation and maximisation of a private label portfolio of products to extend beyond current hearing aid range.
- Affiliate Management and Cooperative marketing opportunities.
- Public Relations.
- Launching of new products, brands and ranges.
You will have considerable experience in delivering significant growth within an e-commerce environment and an excellent understanding of digital and analogue marketing channels and returns.
You will have a proven track record in delivering differentiation through brand proposition, brand values and customer journey insight. A key role will be to transition us away from a mainly price and value proposition.
You will have 'Digital' in your DNA with a comprehensive understanding of social media channels and their commercialisation. To date we have done little or nothing in the social media space including FB, Twitter and Instagram - essentially a blank canvas.
Database exploitation and mining skills will be essential as you will be managing a growing database of several hundred thousand customers and prospects with significant numbers of new customers being added per year and set to grow considerably.
We expect this role to see the introduction of brand ambassadors/influencers and experience in developing and capitalising on these will be essential.
You will have a creative and critical eye to cast over all forms of communication and website design.
A people-person, you will have defined leadership and management skills and be able to demonstrate how you will inspire others.
Experience of multi country/currency retail with the ability to identify and evaluate new territories is a must.The Package
Salary Range £65-£75k depending on experience
Access to Share Option Scheme