Excellent opportunity to work for a well established contractor with good opportunity to progress.Job Purpose
Reporting to a Project Manager, the successful applicant will be based at the Wokingham office location and will be joining an experienced and enthusiastic team of staff delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to our wide ranging client base across the UK with the potential to work on international projects.
Our client works in a wide variety of sectors including major infrastructure for highways and rail, nuclear new build, onshore and offshore energy and environmental. Accountabilities:
·Plan and manage Projects and business operations within their scope of responsibility.
·Confident and knowledgeable of various ground investigation techniques on both land and overwater.
·Day to day responsibility for planning, supervision and programming of Ground Investigation projects at locations throughout the United Kingdom.
·Prepare Health & Safety documentation prior to and during the site works phase, as well as assisting with the managing the Health & Safety of operatives and promoting a safe working environment.
·Act as a Site Agent for medium to large scale ground investigation projects both on land and overwater.
·Act as Logging Supervisor for medium to large scale ground investigation projects both on land and overwater.
·Liaise with Clients / Engineers / Main Contractors throughout the site works phase.
·Carry out work in accordance with company Health and Safety rules.
·Keeping accurate field records of tasks performed.
·Logging of Soil and Rock in accordance with the specification and BS5930:2015.
·Performing in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with the specification and current technical standards.
·Managing and collating site data using company software systems.
·Contribute to the preparation of technical proposals, represent the company at tender visits and assist with the scoping of contracts where required
·Compile monthly financial project accounts and assist the Projects Manager in maintaining the financial performance of projects.
·Promote SOCOTEC's full range of geotechnical services.
·Develop and maintain existing and new business in conjunction with the Projects Manager.
·Assist the Project & Operations Manager in managing the continued technical and professional development of staff.Consider the qualifications / specific knowledge / type of experience / skills (essential & desirable)EssentialDesirableKnowledge / Experience:
Knowledge / Experience:
- 5 +years relevant site and industry experience.
- Overwater experience both in the UK and overseas.
- Excellent awareness of GI specifications, procedures, techniques, standards and codes of practice.
- Awareness and ability to implement Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Experience working in dynamic office environment.
- Knowledge of HoleBASE SI and AGS 4 data.
- Awareness of ICE, NCE contracts and the effective administration of them.
- Qualified to degree level in a geotechnical discipline.
£28 - £35K plus site allowances, company car, etc depending on experienceSkills/Qualifications/Abilities:
- Computer literate and competent in use of MS Office to create spreadsheets and documents for effective reporting, communication and record keeping.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good attention to detail.
- Mobility, flexibility and commitment.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Actively working towards Chartered Status and RoGEP.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90790413