About Outdoor Owls
Do you love childcare, education and the outdoors? We are looking for someone with ideally a level 2 or level 3 childcare qualification to join our to work with our current group of 28 children. We are open to someone unqualified to join too if they are keen to learn.
Outdoor Owls is on a mission to get city children outdoors. We believe nature and community provide many fun and hands-on experiences to enable healthy, happy and flourishing children. Our aim is to prepare children not just for school, but for life.
We opened our Richmond setting in January 2020 and have ambitious plans.The Role
This is a great opportunity for someone with a serious passion for outdoor learning (and not afraid to get their hands dirty!) to join the team at its early stage. You will be working alongside expert and experienced outdoor educators within a modern management setting.
We have a unique ethos and curriculum and aim to deliver an "owlstanding" child and parent experience.Responsibilities
Who Are You?
- Providing care to children (emotional, hygiene and preparing food)
- Facilitating children's learning, development and wellbeing
- Ensuring our safeguarding procedures are followed as well as following our health and safety routines
- Using our mobile app to record and administer child logbooks
- Build great parent rapport
- Involvement in planning learning days and coming up with ideas for new activities and experiences
- General outdoor play enthusiast (interested in Forest Schooling methods)
- Confident dealing with health & safety and safeguarding of children
- Understanding of EYFS
- Ideally have a Level 2 or Early Years Level 3 qualification (or above)
Our nursery operates 51 weeks of the year with children attending full days. The days typically begin and end at our indoor setting (near Richmond station). Our core learning setting is at our green space (or "basecamp" as we call it) which is walking distance away and we also go on adventures around the local community to bring new experiences to children e.g. elderly care home, libraries, parks & wildlife centres.Why Us?
- Innovative and ambitious nursery project - be part of an exciting movement and make positive change!
- Outdoors and community - huge opportunity to teach and develop children outdoors using forest schooling methods. Spend your own days outdoors in nature and fresh air!
- Passionate and professional team - you'll be working with experienced professionals. We are passionate about our mission and have full confidence in our educators who are key to our success.
- Career growth and opportunities - we are looking for someone eager to learn from others around them. You will have opportunities to grow and develop with Outdoor Owls.
At Outdoor Owls you will be given a competitive salary and opportunities for bonuses.
Along with plenty of responsibility, you'll receive: 28 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays), heavily subsidised delicious warm lunches, professional development experiences and opportunities and other cool perks! We have some handy discounts for you too (o, and of course you'll receive some neat Outdoor Owls clothing & merch!).