Engineering Team Manager
Title Project Manager
Location Middleton- easily commutable from Bolton, Manchester, Oldham
Salary £40K - £45K competitive pension, health scheme, bonus, etc.
Hours 40 hours per week - 08:00-16:30
Faber technical recruitment are currently recruiting for an Engineering team manager to manage a team of shift engineers and a days-based staff.
The successful candidate will be joining a very stable company with a very experienced maintenance team, who work on a wide range of manufacturing machinery, C.I focused, project work, project and on-site training.
* Provide support to a 24/7 engineering department
* Managing engineers to ensure they are following the correct procedures, best working practice, appraisals, training, holidays, toolbox talks etc.
* Promote safe working, pro-active maintenance, CI Culture
* Budget management
* Ensure machine optimisation is fully realised and deliver ongoing improvement plans for assets and labour
* Implement OPEX tools such as SMED, 5s, TPM, 5 Why and Route Cause analysis.
* Use the site data (Operations and Engineering) to drive engineering improvements in H&S, Quality, Cost, Performance and Delivery. Use of systems such as Pirana, SAP and budgetary accounts.
* Providing technical support to colleagues
* Project work such as C.I & CAPEX across the plant
* Drive safety improvements for department through use of HSG65 meetings and safety reps. Completing workplace audits on safety and quality to drive a culture of safety first.
* Delivering a documented engineer training program to provide quantifiable skills coverage for department
* Support apprentices working in the department through own knowledge and assigning mentors.
* Support the operations teams in best practice ways of working for each asset.
* Must have lead / management experience - min 3 years
* Good communicator
* Used to working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
* Team player - must be able to work across several divisions and with senior managers
* Coaching skills - apprentices and qualified engineers
* Good motivator
Technical experience required
* Must have FMCG experience e.g. Food & Beverage, Plastics, Dairies, Packaging, pharma, cosmetics, chemicals, consumer goods, etc.
* Familiar with equipment such as Mixers, Blenders, silos, conveyors, packaging equipment etc.
* Budget management
* CMMS experience
* Apprentice trained - Ideally HNC or level 4 and above
* Fault finding skills - electrical & mechanical
Continued investment into the plant, business and staff
Very good time to join
Key workers (suppliers)
Strong staff retention
If you have any questions or to apply please forward over CV to chris at fabertechrec co uk or contact Chris Wakefield
Know anyone suitable? Referrals will be given for successful candidates