Technical Maintenance Assistant - East London - £26-34k
We are delighted to working with a leading company in the environmental sector, delivering pioneering, sustainable solutions to waste management needs. They have developed the most innovative on-site clinical waste treatment service that the NHS has seen in over two decades. As part of their growth in this exciting area, we are recruiting a Technical Assistant to support the Plant Manager at the East London plant.
As an integral part of the on-site operative team your responsibilities will be assisting the Plant Manager with:-
- Diagnostics, Trouble shooting and Repair of our technology
- Preventative Maintenance of our technology
- Definition and Optimisation of Service methods to maintain and improve machine performance
- Help the Plant Manager to maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- Follow Strict Health & Safety policy at all times
- The possibility to assist the Plant Manager with the installation, Start-Up and Commissioning of technology at our new Customer Sites.
We are looking for candidates with industrial experience and maintenance skills or who have recently qualified as Electo-Mechanical Technicians. They will need to be qualified (BTEC or equivalent) Electro-Mechanical Technicians and be capable of fault location to component level and manage parts of the Planned Maintenance System as instructed by the Plant Manager. This person should also possess good analytical skills, be flexible, willing to be on "call out" duty and able to quickly adapt. They should also be able to work to a high level autonomously and have excellent interpersonal skills with a "can do" attitude.
Good English language is essential for this post (French language would also be a plus) as is a good standard of basic education with good numeracy. The position will be based in London but may require some travel to other UK sites and offices with the possibility of some occasional travel overseas. Disclosure and barring checks (DBS) will be carried out if the applicant does not already have up to date and accurate certification.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, workplace pension scheme and access to a company vehicle. Necessary training will be provided.
What we are looking for:
• Completed a recognised apprenticeship in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent. [BTEC level 3 or equiv/higher]
• Have complimentary electrical or mechanical training and skills to underpin the main apprenticeship.
• Have a proven record of maintaining and servicing similar process equipment including: 440volt, 3 phase, 100 amp equipment, rotating machinery, piped water systems and valving up to 4Bar, system interlocks, control valving, thermostatic controls and safe control of system MCBs. Whilst training on specific equipment will be given the candidate must demonstrate a good skill level.
• Be conversant with Programmable Logic Controller functionality
• Be PC literate and capable of learning new software programmes such as Maintenance Management System upkeep
• Have a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Be capable of writing technical reports for management
• Be a good communicator and willing to demonstrate technical operations to machine operators in a safe and logical manner.
• Be willing to travel between process plant sites, mainly in London and the SE of England
• Have a good understanding of the HSE requirements and standards applicable to the repair, testing and commissioning of serviced equipment
• Be a good record keeper
• Be prepared to be "on call" outside of normal working hours of (Apply online only) ( with one hour lunch ) to occasionally take out of hours calls for breakdown and repair reports from plant staff and also to assist the Plant Manager with occasional out of hours planned maintenance work which is normally carried out on a Saturday or Sunday. A 10% call out allowance will be part of your package.
• Be prepared to cover some operator shifts in periods where we have unplanned absence/sickness or critical operational situation post major repair periods
• Hold a full, clean UK drivers licence