TIG Welder, MIG Welder, MMA Welder, MAG Welder, Flux Core Welder, FCAW, Multi Skilled Welder, Skilled Welder, Aircraft Welder, Welder, TIG, MIG, MMA, STICK, MAG, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Nuclear, Aerospace, Defence, Location: Wolverhampton, Position: Contract or Permanent, Contract Length: 6 months rolling, Hourly rate: £22.46 ph Ltd / £19.09 per hour PAYE
Multi Skilled Welders required - Permanent, West Midlands
EMBS Engineering is in partnership with a fantastic, well thought of, international precision engineering company who boasts over 150 years of experience supporting the Power, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and Construction industries.
Our client has huge contracts with globally recognised giants and as such is in need of Multi-skilled Welders to join them on either a permanent or contracting basis to help support their existing team of highly qualified, experienced Fabricators & Welders.
Located near the West Brom / Wolverhampton area, the business offers a very exciting opportunity for those who relish a challenge and look to test themselves on complex yet rewarding projects. Successful Welders will be working on specific engineering projects Welding in either mainly Duplex or Carbon Steel. Materials are up to 70mm thick and will require TIG, MIG/MAG and FCAW welding.
This is a factory based environment so we are looking for candidates with an understanding of 5S, lean manufacturing principles in order to keep the working environment at the highest standard.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Strong Welding background - ideally apprentice trained or time served
- Minimum of 3-5 years in either Engineering or Nuclear - would consider those with an Aerospace, Defence or Oil & Gas background also
- Ability to weld in BOTH - TIG, MIG/MAG & FCAW (Multi Skilled)
- Experience in welding hardened materials including; Duplex, Carbon Steel, Nickel Chrome, Aluminium and Monel
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documentation including weld maps
- Record consumables onto weld history sheets
- Experienced in welding safety-critical components
- Ability to perform positional welds including above and overhead
- Ability to perform partial and full penetration welds, butt and fillet welds
- Previously worked to high standards - welds will be checked by Dye Pen and Ultrasonic NDT testing
- Sound understanding of health & safety requirements
In return the client is offering:
- Permanent position available - Offering longevity and stability
- Competitive rates: Permanent - £19.09 per hour PAYE
- Shifts: Double Days (Mornings & Afternoons rotating)
- Hours: 37 basic but 45-50 hours per week is achievable
- Overtime: £25.39 per hour PAYE during the week and £28.63 per hour PAYE on Saturdays, £38.18 per hour PAYE on Sundays
- Additional benefits available for permanent staff: 25 days holiday + stat, ability to buy up to 5 days extra holidays p.a, cycle to work scheme, gym membership discounts, contributory pension scheme, sick pay, child care vouchers and more.
If you are interested in this role, believe you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to