My client, a Network Rail principle contractor are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their team on one of their sites across the Wessex Route.
Candidates must have Rail & Direct Delivery experience.
• Setting up the project; Working on bids bringing together technical and commercial aspects of tenders, and working with the work winning team;
• Managing all risks including quality, environmental and health and safety;
• Managing quality and integrating quality into all aspects of the project;
• Drafting Agreements and monitoring their execution; Appointing and managing sub consultants in accordance with company procedures;
• Establishing and implementing the Project Plan;
• Establishing and maintaining forecasts, costs and revenue budgets;
• Establishing and managing project team interfaces;
• All communications with Client representatives for the project;
• Producing, checking and verifying all deliverables;
• Managing and documenting all scope and fee changes and other variations;
• Implementing and monitoring the agreed staff development and internal communications program;
• Timely reconciliation of WIP, invoicing and debt collection;
• Post project review and requesting Client feedback on project completion;
• Project closure.
• Minimum Requirements** • Experience of working with large multi-discipline infrastructure projects within Rail • Experience of working on a variety of projects as project leader on some with experience of dealing directly with clients • Experience of managing project teams • Awareness of the role of CEM and CRE according to Network Rails Standard NR/L2/INI/02009 Engineering Management for Projects • Experience of significant project and design management • Experience of tendering for railway engineering projects • Understanding of Health and Safety including CDM Preferred Qualifications** • BSc, BEng or MEng degree in a relevant discipline • Chartered Engineer and member of a professional institution • Not essential but certified project management qualification with a recognised project management institute such as APM or PMI would be an advantage