Assistant Management Accountant
smartpro part of the Smart Solutions Recruitment Group are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our innovative manufacturing client based in Newport. We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic individual with great analytical skills and the ability to learn quickly on the job. You will learn the end-to-end processes that go into the financial support for a design and manufacturing facility.
This is a development role with the opportunity for the right individual to make the role their own. A supported training plan will enable the right candidate to take ownership of the reporting and support areas developing it into an analysis and improvement role
Working as part of a small and dynamic team, reporting to the Financial Controller you will need to be flexible and be prepared to work with the transactional team during peak times during peak times through the month. You will be an integral part of the wider finance team. Supporting the FC in reporting on the financial and operational business performance across the business as well as the treasury and cash forecasting activity for the business and its integration into its financials.
* Preparation of treasury journals.
* VAT returns for both entities, including Intrastat, ESL, deferred VAT, MSS data and reconciliation of C79.
* AR cash allocation and update control listing.
* Payments across all currencies.
* Balance sheet reconciliations including prepayment journal preparation.
* FX Trading and covenant monitoring and maintain FX rates in Nav.
* Credit card administration including journal preparation.
* Assist FC with annual standard costing process and standard costing for manufacturing and R&D.
* As part of the Finance team ensure financial policies and procedures are adhered to, including internal audit of Finance procedures.
* Assist FC in preparation for external audit and completion of statutory accounts.
The Treasury Accountant will run reports for the following cash metrics:
* Weekly bank balances.
* Weekly cash forecasts for daily/weekly/monthly cash balances.
Skills, Experience & Education Required
* Ambition to become a qualified accountant.
* Highly numerate with ability to analytically problem solve. Able to provide attention to detail and self-check work.
* Good inter-personal communication skills with ability to communicate well at multiple levels within the business.
* Goal orientated to achieve training milestones.
* Focussed and driven self-starter.
* Flexible and able to adapt in a team environment.
* The ability to maximise the information systems available to them.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work.
* Some experience working in a Finance department ideally in a manufacturing sector would be an advantage.
* Experience gained in the technology sector
Shift & Benefits
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm and Friday 8am to 3.30pm.
* Company Group Personal Pension with matched contributions to 7% of salary.
* Private Medical for the employee and family
* Group Life Cover of 4 times salary.
* On-site staff gymnasium.
* Reward Gateway - cashback and discounts site
* Free and secure on-site parking
* Private Dental Cover
An up to date CV is essential to apply
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business