Medical Field Service Engineer, MRI Imaging
-Magnetic Resonance Imaging-
Excellent Salary + Bonuses + Excellent benefits package including Healthcare, Generous Contributory Pension Scheme and Full and Comprehensive Manufacturers based Product Training
**An excellent opportunity for a Service Engineer from a medical device, laboratory device, commercial, medical or industrial imaging device, ex Forces Weapons or Radar Technicians or service engineers from other electronic high value capital equipment backgrounds to join a market leader in sophisticated medical imaging systems, offering first class product training and unsurpassed opportunities for career development**
The Company - Medical Field Service Engineer, MRI Imaging
My client is a global leader in healthcare. This organisation's impressive portfolio of products and fully integrated medical systems incorporates all aspects of the healthcare equipment sector, and includes medical imaging diagnostics, critical care and anaesthesia delivery, healthcare informatics, molecular imaging and patient monitoring systems.
Offering 'best in class' solutions across a wide range of equipment modalities, their success is based upon a commitment to world leading manufacturing facilities, outstanding product innovation, excellent customer care and the recruitment and development of good people. They employ thousands of people globally and are an integral part of an instantly recognisable worldwide technology group.
The Role - Medical Field Service Engineer, MRI Imaging
Following expansion, they seek to recruit a customer focused and technically motivated International MRI Service Engineer.
Full responsibilities include:
Customer Support: To support the world service organisation with all aspects needed related the magnet systems within the MR imaging system.
· Product/Service Development: Ability to identify & report issues within Product Support, Service Delivery & R&D. Actively engage, network and support MR Engineers who attend Siemens Magnet Technology Training Centre to build customer and business relationships.
· Incident management: Resolve site issues & magnet reported issues through remote technical support & onsite visits. Provide value-based responses on severity & priority basis.
· Problem / Escalation management: Escalate known hot site / previous hot site issues to CS management group accordingly.
· Technical expertise / Knowledge: Trouble-shooting, service & repair of MRI magnets
· EHS, & Travel Management: Comply with 'Zero harm' core value when providing remote support guidance and whilst prior to working on customer sites.
· Project management (including site management for onsite work): Undertake each site visit as a Project when allocated by a manager or Proxy.
Please note - this is a remote support role primarily based in our offices near Oxford, however on-site support is an essential part of the role and can represent depending on regions' requests from 10% up to 30% of the time in travels overseas mainly in Europe.
Your Background - Medical Field Service Engineer, MRI Imaging
Essential skills and experience:
· Experience of providing technical support for medical devices within the healthcare industry or ideally of working with imaging diagnostic equipment.
· Qualified within electrical or mechanical engineering with sound knowledge in both areas
· Experience in troubleshooting and identifying issues with both electrical and mechanical components
· Demonstrate safe and competent working in the field, and PPE use
· Background in troubleshooting issues and data analysis
· Customer focus, fast learning, cultural sensitivity and data driven
Desirable skills and experience:
· Full understanding working remotely in MR systems through SRS connection
· Knowledge of superconductive magnets and cryogen handling
· Knowledge on Mass Spectrometer and leak test equipment
· Competent mechanical experience and use of tooling in MR systems, best practice for part replacements and handling
· Cryogen knowledge - knowledge on gas regulators, cylinders and cryogen dewars for filling superconductive magnet systems
The Benefits - Medical Field Service Engineer, MRI Imaging
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class medical imaging systems organisation. You will be joining a national team of engineers who take great pride in their work and who aim to build upon long term relationships with customers. You will be continually challenged as you are exposed to new technologies. You will receive constant support and guidance from senior management and your technical knowledge will be furthered through training courses. For those with the desire there are opportunities to progress your career into more technical specialist roles.
In return, the successful applicant will benefit from first class product training, recognised by the industry, which will run on an ongoing basis as new products are introduced. A generous remuneration package is also guaranteed, including competitive salary, bonus, healthcare, contributory pension scheme, phone and laptop, along with the opportunity to progress your career within a market leading organisation.
This vacancy is being advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited. The services advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited are those of an employment agency and / or employment business