Role Title: Specialist - Procurement (Development)
Salary: £30,755 - £45,000
Team: Legal Services
Directorate: Corporate Resources
Recruiting Manager: Susan Docherty
Closing Date: 29/09/2020
This is an overview of the role:
To be responsible for the development, maintenance and execution of the Agency's procurement and disposal processes, together with a range of other duties in respect of the good governance of the Agency.
References to "procurement" include disposals of land and property, particularly those that fall within the definition of public works contracts under procurement legislation. To deputise for the Senior Specialist in their absence. The primary focus of the role is work increasingly collaboratively with the Development Directorate on a wide range of procurement matters including but not limited to identification of pipeline, adopting principles of business partnering and adopting key aspects of a category management approach. Specific focus will be needed on working alongside colleagues within the Framework and Technical teams as they update the suite of frameworks and seek to standardise how works are procured.
The successful person will be responsible for:
• To contribute to the effective and innovative management of the Procurement team. To support the Senior Specialist and the Head of Procurement on the development, maintenance and execution of the Procurement Strategy and to deputise for the Senior Specialist in their absence.
• To provide and supervise the provision of enabling support and advice on procurements requiring publication in Contracts Finder and OJEU (including the procurement of frameworks and Dynamic Purchasing Systems) ensuring tender documentation is complete, evaluation criteria are robust and all tender documentation is uploaded at the time of publication.
• Supporting the Senior Specialist in ensuring the provision of expert support and challenge
for complex procurement and disposal exercises, particularly those relating to high profile Homes
England programmes and corporate initiatives from time to time.
• Supporting the Senior Specialist in ensuring effective processes are in place for the
procurement of works, services and supplies by the Agency and developing, maintaining and
communicating (including the delivery of necessary training) appropriate procedures and guidance
on procurement and disposal activity.
• To deliver group/one-to-one training and produce guidance (including development of new templates and guidance) on procurement activities in order to increase the knowledge and understanding of procurement activities throughout the Agency. This may include selecting, training, and deploying procurement champions to assist with procurement activities and monitoring/supervising their activity.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Evidence of good general education.
• Professional membership of MCIPS or equivalent or working towards.
• Wide range of public sector procurement experience.
• Working knowledge and experience or use of third party framework agreements.
• Working knowledge and experience of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
• Proficient in the use of standard Office IT products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Good understanding of disposals of land and property, particularly those that fall within the definition of public works contracts under procurement legislation.
• Experience within a property/regeneration/housing environment.
• Learning values - continually improving their own, and team members', knowledge of procurement practice and Homes England procurement procedures to ensure an excellent service to customers; suggesting process improvements to improve quality and timeliness of service delivery and encouraging others to do so.
• Collaboration and Ambition - working effectively with colleagues across the Agency and external partners to deliver value for money and excellence in procurement, and encouraging others to do so.