To design, develop and check Signalling electro-mechanical equipment designs for use in signalling schemes, and lead the evaluation of route cause and corrective action for electro-mechanical equipment returned from the end-user of point operating equipment (POE).
Job, Skills and Experience:
- Lead and undertake the design, checking of detailed engineering drawings for safety critical signalling electro-mechanical equipment for Point Operating Equipment (POE).
- Verify that detailed engineering designs and signalling manufacturing drawings result in affordable equipment that meets technical and project requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, to time cost and quality.
- Undertake the development of engineering options, giving consideration to safety, reliability, operational requirements, maintainability, ease of construction, environmental and whole life issues. Provide engineering excellence by securing relevant data, review of compliance with signalling standards, suitable risk identification, evaluation and mitigation, feedback on reliability and quality from relevant past projects in the UK rail network.
- Design load-bearing structural components for track-support and locking, using European and Railway Group standards.
- Develop and write technical specifications, technical reports, and technical support documentation and maintain strict change control for all designs, reports and equipment. Conduct practical development testing and system integration at IAD and operational railway sites.
- Plan, develop and implement robust inspection processes and documentation for the evaluation of customer returned signalling equipment, to identify root causes. Implement a FRACAS system to process Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) for returned signalling POE equipment.
- Provide specialist technical support to Route Maintenance teams and engineering staff, via phone, e-mail, and site visits. Lead Specialist investigations/surveys, analyse results and report to relevant Acceptance authorities.
- Identify and manage the resolution of engineering issues, prioritisation and escalate as required, based on operational impact.
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in mechanical design
- Working knowledge of rail engineering and relevant successful experience working in signalling equipment design and testing
- Strong evaluation and decision making skills
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical actuation and structural components and ability to create and interpret detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Relevant Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience, including 3D modelling.
- Practical skills, including mechanical & electro-mechanical assembly and testing.
- Hold or be working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Good working knowledge of HPSS system
- Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90788111