Engineering Team Leader Fixed Term Contract to 31st December 2020Responsible to:
Engineering Manager Purpose of Role:
The role is to assist the Engineering Manager in the day to day activities within the department through effective guidance of personnel within the engineering team and participation in assigned long-term preventative maintenance programs and projects. The role is "hands on" with some administrative duties.
The role includes the responsibility of standing in for the Engineering Manager as and when requiredKey performance measures:
Maintaining a safe working environment.
First line staff management to maximise efficiencies
Hazard card completion
Planned maintenance v unplannenHealth and Safety
- To work in a safe manner and ensure that others also work in a safe manner.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures regarding health & safety, standards of product quality, housekeeping and hygiene.
- Assist, monitor and oversee all fault-finding activities within production, ensuring that all resources are used to optimum effect.
- Perform planned and predictive maintenance in accordance to plan, undertaking effective planning and prioritisation of workload where necessary.
- Prevent damage to equipment and reduce breakdowns through encouragement and understanding of the production process.
- Monitor the requirement for spare machine parts.
- Assist and manage colleagues in the department as required including disciplinary hearings with the support of HR.
- Attend quality and health & safety meetings
- Develop and improve good working practices.
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation and records as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business to include and contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- Conform and work to ISO50001 energy policy.
- Liaise and coordinate information between the department manager and engineering team in order to establish requirements.
- Assist with the training of Apprentices and colleague development
- Ensure housekeeping is to the correct quality standard.
- Ensure that all factory checks are performed on time and all relevant documentation is up to date. Organisation of repairs as necessary.
- Qualified engineer, multi skilled in electrical practices including 18th edition.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Good knowledge of the latest manufacturing processes and technology including plant services (knowledge of blow moulding plastic extrusion process and understanding of the production environment would be beneficial).
Please email a copy of your CV to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90772633