Warship Support Engineer (LSA)
Salary: £30,000 - £37,000
A global aerospace and defence organisation are looking for Warship Support Engineers to support Royal Navy and Overseas warship programmes?
As a Warship Support Engineer, you will be working across platforms such as the Type 45 Destroyers, Type 26 Global Combat Ships build and export programmes and the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier programme.
You will be responsible for creation and management of Logistics Support information for the ships, focusing heavily on the configuration, analysis and production of engineering data required to support the systems and equipment that make up the platforms. Training on all aspects of Warship Support Engineering will be provided.
Responsibilities - Warship Support Engineer
- Providing expertise, effort and advice in the population and management of the Logistics Support Analysis tools, the data they contain and the related integrated toolsets.
- Applying knowledge and expertise to analyse the impact of physical changes to the ship, including the effect on availability, reliability and maintainability of the platform and its systems and how these changes are configured in the datasets.
- Applying system and process knowledge to analyse the impact of material from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers on the support Engineering datasets and populating the results.
- Working with both the T45, T26 and QEC Class Output Management (COM) and International programme teams to identify and resolve in-service or build data issues.
- Supporting the management of and update to the Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) account and content.
- Analysing complex datasets to autonomously determine appropriate Support outcomes, updating a shared, complex and integrated Support dataset.
Skills and qualifications - Warship Support Engineer
- Experience gained from one or more of the following backgrounds:
- Maritime or other complex engineering business (Defence, Rail, Aerospace, Automotive, etc.)
- Commercial ships Support or Maintenance engineering
- Aviation Support engineering
- Technical author or Illustrator
- Degree/HNC/HND or equivalent experience in an Engineering discipline
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Maritime experience.
- Experience of the population of a defence standard Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR) database.
- Use and management of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), preferably Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) as used in the Royal Navy
- Use and management of a Common Source Database (CSDB) for production of Integrated Electronic Technical Publications.
Click "Apply Now" to find out more!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90772423