The Global Controller is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, reports to Oseco)Elfab's Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership for Oseco)Elfab's global Finance team. The role will be required to direct and develop global accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives, ensuring financial reporting meet the needs of the organization and comply with all applicable regulations.
The Global Controller is also responsible for managing external relationships with third parties and pro-actively collaborating with other Halma Companies.
Oseco-Elfab is a global provider of pressure management solutions. Our products and services protect lives, plant, processes and the environment to create a safer, cleaner world. We manufacture rupture discs, explosion panels and associated burst detection systems, and deliver unique design, testing, consultancy and training services to support our global customers with their pressure management requirements.
With some of the most technically advanced products on the market, we place the customer at the heart of all that we do, working in partnership with them to provide innovative, customised solutions. To maximise our global reach we work through our regional sales offices and a global network of channel partners.
- Oversee the Global monthly, quarterly and annual accounting consolidation and close processes to produce accurate and timely financial statements.
- Design, develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate financial reports and strong internal controls.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances.
- Acts as a thought leader by providing analytical insight and support to the CFO, leadership team and operating management. Develop high quality financial data to provide context and insight to decision makers across the company.
- Develop relationship with business leaders in the organization, to facilitate provision of financial advisory services and counsel those colleagues for reviewing and improving financial performance.
- Manage annual audits and serve as primary liaison to the independent auditors, ensuring successful audit completion within established timeframe.
- Review, document and maintain a testable internal financial control environment.
- Recommend and implement changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls.
- Research, interpret, and document accounting positions based on technical standards regarding accounting issues, including business combinations and acquisitions, revenue recognition, stock, compensation expense, contract accounting, and international operations.
- Participate in the due diligence of potential acquisitions and lead the integration of the accounting function for newly acquired companies
- Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top quality financial talent to ensure the finance organization has a high level of performance and productivity.
- Build, manage, develop, and mentor Finance staff, helping to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals. Build moral, motivate and instil productivity and teamwork, create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and develop and implement changes to drive improvements.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the financial activities to ensure consistency of procedures, standardization of processes and reporting, and adherence to financial policies and practices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Manages tax and legal related requirements.
- Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Some International travel
The Person:Leadership and Coaching Skills
- Leader with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
- Respectful of employees, customers and team members in all conversations and communications.
- Positive and enthusiastic with effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrable experience setting, implementing, monitoring and coaching teams to deliver targets and objectives.
- Proven experience inspiring and motivating employees with cooperative, constructive coaching skills.
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Growth mindset
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools including; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of business systems including; Fast Close, Epicor and Power BI
- Clear, articulate communication skills both oral and written
- Solid understanding of performance reporting
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent qualification) in Finance or relevant technical field
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Qualified and Chartered Accountant
- MBA or equivalent professional qualification (desirable\0
Why Choose us:
- +7 years' experience in a senior Finance role
- The ideal candidate will have Board-level experience or ready to take the next step into an Executive leadership position.
- Great culture, progressive and forward thinking work environment
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank hols
- Company bonus scheme
- Great development opportunities