Job Title and Grade:
Senior Commercial ManagerLocation/Trust:
Breakspear Park, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4TZDepartment:
£68,800 - £85,100 per annum
Due to our continued commitment to delivering outstanding customer service we have an exciting opportunity to join our organisation in a newly created senior role as a Senior Commercial Manager. You will be involved in supporting our clients and key stake holders in the business, demonstrating your ability to communicate at all levels and support fast-paced project's. Role summary:
The Finance Department have a rare opportunity for a senior appointment at our state-of-the-art head offices in Hemel Hempstead. We are looking for an experienced
Senior Commercial Manager
who ideally has private sector experience within an outsourcing environment or medium to large organisation. This is a new role and will need to have commercial experience and be able to communicate with stake holders at all levels.
Part of role is to act as a partner to the relevant business units, in particular Client Account Management and Trust Services, to assist them with their understanding of the opportunities and risks in our client contracts, with the aim of maximising opportunities and minimising risks.Skills/Responsibilities:
Who are NHS Professionals?
- Lead the delivery of a full and effective commercial contract function, making significant contribution to the analysis of NHS Professionals contractual position and contract renewal
- Responsible for analysing commercial opportunities, contracts and business development for risk and viability.
- Make a significant contribution to developing new business opportunities and enhancing current and financial service delivery in support of the NHS Professionals growth objectives.
- Work in a senior capacity within cross functional departmental teams in order to deliver a commercial contract service provision.
- Act as the Commercial contract lead for Trust implementation and disengagements.
- Responsible for analysing contracts for commercial viability, legal compliance and risk.
- Develop any corresponding risk management strategies and make a significant contribution to developing new contractual opportunities.
- Works within NHS Professionals and interfaces with customers to negotiate and draft contracts, terms and conditions of business and general finance issues/projects driven from the client field team.
- In project teams manages other managers and/or high-level individual contributors.
- Focuses on wide-ranging and cross-functional application knowledge of Commercial contracts.
- Encourages others to consider innovative alternatives and contributes to business strategy.
- Sets and directs action plans. Understands functional concepts and drives for results.
- Ensure delivery of services at the correct standards, performance and cost, and provide clarity on commercial dependencies and obligations on all parties.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant contracts.
- Develop a strong and integral interface between the businesses and the commercial team, which encourages a better understanding and interaction between the two groups.
- Be accountable for all contract changes, ensuring change management processes are followed and commercial consequences of change are properly controlled.
- Identify and mitigate commercial risks, maintaining a risk management plan, escalating any significant risks.
If a hospital cannot supply staff on a ward or area, due to increased demand, sickness, or common staff shortages, they need to call upon a flexible work force. We work with trusts, providing back office support and recruitment to develop a 'bank' of highly skilled workers (bank members) who want to work flexibly with the NHS. By providing bank members to a number of trusts, we are currently saving the NHS £70 million per year through the dedicated work of our passionate teams.
If you're looking for a new challenging role that contributes to making a real difference in the NHS, join us today.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 14 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
In 2010 NHS Professionals moved to Limited Company status and therefore Agenda for Change terms and conditions are not applicable to this role.