Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today's most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.Job Purpose
Sophos is looking for a thoughtful, empathetic and experienced senior UX designer to be a key member of their UX team. You'll work closely with other UX designers and researchers, product management at all levels and development team leads to design future features and products.
Cybersecurity threats increase exponentially every day. IT security products have become as complex as the networks and devices they secure. More people with less training must protect more devices, systems, and networks in their enterprises, businesses, and homes in an increasingly complex world. Making the complex available to people is a UX issue.Main Duties
Skills & ExperienceEssential:
- Translate user, product and business requirements into simple and intuitive interfaces
- Design product UX in close collaboration with product managers and development teams
- Conduct research to inform design decisions. Work with our researcher to plan and execute research projects, drawing on research from various areas of the business: analytics, customer insight, internal experts, interviews and competitor analysis
- Designing and briefing usability testing sessions and, if needed, running sessions
- Leading collaborative design workshops
- Information architecture
- Mapping customer and user journeys
- Sketching, concept creation and wireframing
- Creating interactive prototypes
- Assist in the creation of user stories to feed into a SCRUM-based agile development team.
- Passion for designing quality products with a great user experience.
- Experience of conducting UX research to get a deep understanding of customer needs
- Awareness of key psychological principles that inform good design
- You'll need to work with visual designers, developers, product owners and technical architects to define product experience and champion the user.
- Excellent communication skills - you will need to be able to explain, present and communicate your ideas clearly to a range of different stakeholders.
- 5+ years UX experience
- Solid design background
- Experience of working in another Cybersecurity role
- Mastery of wireframe and prototyping tools
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal
manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
If you choose to explore this opportunity, and subsequently share your CV or other personal details with Sophos, these details will be held by Sophos for 12 months in accordance with our data protection policy which can be found here and used by our recruitment team to contact you regarding this or other relevant opportunities at Sophos. If you would like Sophos to delete or update your details at any time, please reply to this or other emails from Sophos clearly stating your request, or follow the steps set out in the data protection policy describing your individual rights. If you have any questions about Sophos' data protection practices, please contact email@example.com.