We are entering an exciting phase within our Yorkshire Water AMP7 framework, we are collaboratively working within this framework as a joint venture with Doosan.
Due to an expansion of work we are now looking to engage a Bid Manager for this JV.
As our Bid Manager you will have the responsibility for overseeing the full preparation of tenders ans proposals following customer enquiry and supervision of tenders assigned to the Joint Venture project teams/proposals engineers.
* To determine, with input from others as necessary, optimum design solutions for proposals work and any viable alternative proposals.
* To ensure the contractual and commercial viability of tenders submitted, identifying securing and coordinating key inputs required by others and liaising fully with Commercial, Process Engineering and Project Departments, as required.
* Production of estimates for tenders in conjunction with other engineers as necessary.
* Coordination and production of tender documents and completion of clients' documentation for submittal.
* Ensure tender deadlines are met.
* Provide sales support as required.
* Co-ordination of external and internal inputs for tender preparation.
* Maintenance of tender records and files including post tender.
* Preparation of project handover documentation.
* Upkeep of costs, estimating and pricing information necessary for the preparation of tenders.
* Identification of risk.
* On successful award, summarising overall bid and handing over to
Projects, including continuing involvement as necessary during contract execution.
* Fully participate in the development of procedures and systems for use within the Engineering function.
* Comply with Procedures and Work Instructions which form part of the JV's Quality Assurance System.
* Comply with all Health and Safety responsibilities commensurate with the role, as outlined in the Health and Safety policy.
* HNC/D in electrical, mechanical or process engineering or equivalent level qualification (Desireable)
If you have the key background skills required for this position then please apply today