First City Nursing Services are currently recruiting for experienced Children's Support Workers. We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic people with a special interest in supporting children with Learning Disabilities and health conditions. You should possess excellent interpersonal skills, be a good communicator, organised, be able to prioritise and work well as a member of a team.
Are you passionate about working with young people and changing their lives to give them a brighter future? Then we want you as part of our, skilled and committed team.Do you have the following skills?
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those we support.
- A Strong 'can do' attitude.
- Great team player.
- Experience in supporting young people with learning disabilities and health conditions
- Excellent communication skills.
- To develop appropriate working relationships with the young person.
- To promote independence and enable the young person to maintain existing skills and learn new skills.
- Offer strategies for development of social skills.
- Maintain professional boundaries in and outside of the work environment.
- To act as a role model at all times.
- Provide support with all aspects of their daily lives and encouraging them to engage with positive activities.
- We are committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. Everything we do is designed to promote the safety and well-being of the children and young people we work with.
- Be able to write clear daily reports, incident reports and accident reports.
- Administer medication as required (full training will be provided).
- Be part of a team of professionals delivering high quality person-centred care, led by an experienced management team.
Any successful candidate will also need to be happy to support adults as well as children.
ALL JOBS WITH FIRST CITY NURSING AND CARE ARE SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCES, ENHANCED DBS CERTIFICATE AND FULL COMPLETION OF MANDATORY TRAINING
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90774911