Principal Systems Engineer - Mathematical Radar System Models
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £55 per hour LTD
This Principal Systems Engineer role is within the Combat Air business group, and will focus on developing a model of a real-world avionic receiver / transmitter system; this model will subsequently integrate with similar models developed by parallel teams, with the aim of modelling and analysing proposed enhancements to the interactions within the overall system. The developed model will become a long-term capability for the ongoing development of the systems and subsystems on the host aircraft.
- Development of mathematical - and physics - based models to support concepts development, trade-off studies, and inform design considerations.
- Develop models utilising Matlab and Simulink.
- Understand and interpret user needs / requirements in order to influence and define the model requirements and design, liaising with system technical specialist teams.
- Perform systems functional analysis to model the architecture of complex multi-sensor systems of systems.
- Assess model design compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters.
- Identify performance improvements and propose candidate solutions and implementation methods.
- Develop reports and presentations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Extensive proven ability with maths - and physics - based modelling and the use of industry-standard toolsets (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink).
- Knowledge of modelling electronic RF/EO/IR sensor systems.
- Proven ability of modelling complex technology systems in a system-of-systems context.
- Proficiency in requirements management methods and toolsets.
- Strong analytical ability, e.g. to support of trade-off studies (functionality, performance, technology, etc.) to inform designs and operational capabilities.
- Knowledge of working in the defence (ideally airborne) sector
- Proven ability of developing performance and operational capabilities for defence systems.
- Knowledge of virtual and constructive simulations to support software and hardware integration and test.
- Proven ability of technology demonstrator programmes.
- Knowledge of system processes, performance, and operational capabilities for airborne Electronic Warfare systems (e.g. DAS, Radar, EO / IR, Communications).
- Understanding of critical enabling technologies for a multirole future combat air system.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90775055