We are currently recruiting for experienced Field Based Plant Mechanics, covering the M1 to M40 corridor and Milton Keynes areas.Job description and key responsibilities,
- Working hours are 7.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday less 30 minutes breaks unpaid per day and you will be paid from door to door. Overtime at time & a half is paid for all hours worked over and above 9 hours per day and Saturdays.
- Candidates must hold the NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Plant Maintenance & Repair and will also hold a CSCS card. Will also ideally have a clean driver's licence.
- Must be experienced in working on excavators up to 30 tonne / Dumpers / Rollers / Small Tools / and other related construction equipment. Candidate would ideally be experienced in dealing with AdBlue issues and will have worked on machines such as Hitachi, Volvo, Komatsu, Bomag, Thwaites, Terex, Kubota, Atlas Copco.
- Must have experience with carrying out welding and using oxygen & acetylene.
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance on all plant and equipment.
- Carry out fault finding, diagnostics of all plant equipment.
- Liaise daily with plant service controllers for all breakdowns/planned maintenance/LOLER inspections etc.
- Report any damage/misuse of any company assets to the plant service controllers.
- Carry out 6/12 monthly LOLER inspections on plant and equipment as directed by plant service controllers.
- Input information on services/breakdowns/daily onto tablet ensuring all returns and worksheets are up to date.
- Accurately monitor all stock levels on service van.
- Adhere to Company H & S Policy and site safety awareness training at all times.
- Make sure suitable PPE is worn during all work tasks both on site and in the yard as per the controls in the risk assessments.
- Raise any concerns of H&S to the attention of the plant service controllers.
- Service vehicle included and specialist tools but general hand tools must be supplied by engineer.
- 28 Days holiday per annum which includes statutory bank holidays.
The starting salary for this role is £35k to £37.5k plus overtime, interviews are available immediately.
For more information regarding this role call Recruit Central 01827 230720