Who we are:
Bradford College is a dynamic College in the heart of West Yorkshire, offering further education and higher education to its diverse learners. The College has a strong commitment to delivering an outstanding student experience through a broad and inspiring curriculum.We are entrepreneurial, well-resourced, decisive, and committed to building the Bradford College Brand through a period of cultural change resulting in meeting our strategic objective of becoming an 'employer of choice'.
Are you passionate about learning and inspiring others to learn? Do you have a desire to ignite that passion in others and enable them to fulfill their potential? Are you creative and keen to provide innovative approaches to enable teaching and learning? If this sounds like you, then come and join us at Bradford College where our people transform lives.
As a Lecturer in Motor Vehicle, you will teach in our Construction and Engineering Department working with the Head of Department (HOD)/Curriculum Academic Manager (CAM) and Team Leaders (TL) to deliver an outstanding student experience. We welcome applicants that are new to teaching, or are currently working within this industry and interested in a career change. You will deliver high learning value, financially efficient programmes (including physical resource management) and will lead on innovation and efficiency in the delivery of learning. You will also be responsible for student's academic progress, wellbeing, behaviour management and careers and pastoral guidance throughout their learning journeyWho You Are:
- hold a GCSE grade 9 - 4 or nationally recognised equivalent qualification (GCSE A*-C, CSE 1, O-Level A-C) in Maths and English
- hold a minimum level 3 vocational qualification in motor vehicles
- have academic, industrial or commercial experience with motor vehicles
- have high academic and behavioural expectations of all students - with equally high levels of rigour and support
- be able to set personalised learning objectives that feed into an individualised programme of study and ambitious academic target setting that is driven by a student's career goals
- able to exploit all opportunities to celebrate our differences and include all students fully in each learning experience
- have the ability to employ a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies to create high energy, high pace and varied learning activities that engage and sustain student motivation
- have the ability to provide written feedback that highlights specific skill development needs, ensuring that feedback is cyclical and improvements made from feedback are monitored and developed further
- have the ability to create sufficient assessment opportunities for students to be clear on the progress they are making relative to their targets and how they can ensure they meet/exceed targets
- be skilled in making learning real and relevant to the world of work
- ensure that all students are confident in what they are learning, why they are learning it, where they will apply this skill in their future career and when they must have this activity completed by
- have a passion for teaching and a desire to inspire students, able to encourage them to achieve their full potential
Attractive benefits packages including:
- Highly competitive salary range of£23,614-£35,656 dependent on experience
- Lucrative pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Industry Leading Training & Development opportunities
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Experience a dynamic company culture, challenging you to be your best
- Opportunity to be an individual and use your initiative to try new methods
A check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.