- Award winning manufacturer of engineering products.
- Comprehensive range of equipment is applicable to a wide range of industries including Food and Beverage, Packaging, automotive, precision engineering and electronics.
- The company has a strong and well-funded R&D strategy, encompassing market driven product development and blue sky technology research.
The Ideal Person:
- Responsible for compiling, maintaining and reporting on development and production of volume bill of material costs using excel spreadsheets.
- Based from Milton Keynes - Flexible working environment.
- Procurement of project goods including bespoke parts, tooling, and parts manufactured from drawings, along with design/development and other technical services.
- Analysing competitive quotes and selecting suppliers both from UK (including internal machine shop) and International for new products in conjunction with Design and Quality Engineers.
- Managing the signing of Non-Disclosure of Agreements with new suppliers.
- Ensures that the project scope and terms are addressed in the Purchase Orders.
- Develop and maintain relationship with suppliers to improve costs, quality and delivery performance.
- Engage suppliers at the earliest stage possible, as to ensure cost downs can be initiated at the beginning of the project procurement stage.
- Monitor supplier development progress and take appropriate action to secure on time supplier deliverables and milestones.
- Support any function within the project that has supplier related issues (concessions, non-conformance, reliability, reject returns, change management).
- Ensure supplier sourcing activities align with the project schedule timing.
- Review and target supplier delivery improvements and late order resolution.
- Work autonomously to resolve problems and escalate critical issues.
- Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times.
- £28-35k, company pension, private medical, free on-site parking, use of on-site gym.
Consultant: Darren Wrigley
- Skilled in managing projects in a multi-skilled manufacturing environment.
- MUST have experience of metal purchasing.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- At least 5 years work experience in Purchasing, Procurement , Supply Chain Management, preferably in an Engineering/Manufacturing project based environment.
- Ideally CIPS qualified.
- MS Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, formulas etc).
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with people at all levels (internal and external).
- MRP/ERP knowledge and experienced in working within ISO9001 environment.
- Ability to prioritise and organise the daily workload, often in a pressurised environment.
- Good IT skills (MS Office, Word, Excel) desirable but training provided.
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.About On Target
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and procurement jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.