To teach science at key stages 3 and 4 in an excellent science department which is well staffed and well resourced.The academy is rated Good by Ofsted. NQTs and RQTs welcome to apply.Personal specification:
- QTS teaching status
- Science specific degree
- Fantastic subject knowledge
- NQTs and RQTs welcome to apply
- Be a good to outstanding teacher
- Willing to improve upon your own teaching practice
- Experience and understanding of GCSE specifications
- Effective interpersonal relationships
Students make good progress in science. Students have excellent behaviours for learning because they respect and appreciate school staff at all levels.
You will benefit from the school's fantastic support from experienced teachers and their CPD offering, ensuring you are well supported and have the ability to build on your own career development.
To promote and adhere to the Trust's values to be unusually brave, discover what's possible, push the limits and be big hearted.Responsibilities:
- To teach science at key stages 3 and 4.
- To understand effective learning and classroom practice.
- To be able to motivate young people to engage with the science curriculum. To be a pastoral tutor
- To engage and collaborate with staff across the academy and within the science department to ensure that all learning is the best that it can be.
- To pro-actively contribute to all professional development opportunities.
- To understand how to use assessment and feedback when monitoring student progress.
- A science specific degree
- Qualified Teacher Status, with subject specialism(s) related to the post.
- A specialism in Physics.(Desirable)
- A track record of success in teaching science.
- Ability to teach across the full age and ability range.
- Secure subject knowledge.
- Experience and understanding of GCSE specifications.
- Ability to employ a range of teaching skills and attributes to promote effective learning.
- Knowledge of effective assessment and feedback.
- Ability to articulate how to make classroom learning and student outcomes outstanding (Desirable)
- Knowledge of some of the latest educational research into effective teaching/learning (Desirable)
- Experience of being a pastoral tutor.(Desirable)
- Good team player.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to contribute pro-actively to team ethos and the sharing of best practice.
- Effective management of student learning behaviours.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to lead training sessions or deliver examples of good practice to a group of staff.(Desirable)
- Professional and personable.
- High expectations of self and others.
- Integrity and commitment.
- Passion for learning
- Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our values
- Successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Right to work in the UK
- Evidence of a commitment to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people