Personal Injury Fee Earner(Catastrophic Injury) NQ + Sale, Manchester Very Competitive Salary
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Solicitor, Legal Executive or Fee Earning Paralegal to join a specialist Personal Injury department within a recognised law firm. You will be working on a caseload for a variety of clients on multitrack and high value claimant RTA, EL and PL cases which are predominately catastrophic injuries.
The types of personal injury claim's the law firm deal with include:
- Traumatic brain and catastrophic injury
- PTSD and psychological
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Criminal Injury
- Accidents at Work
- Accidents in Public Places
- Animal attacks
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Sports Injury
The role will be handling your own caseload of files with other duties to include:
- Managing a varied caseload of catastrophic and life changing injury claims
- Drafting various legal documentation
- Arranging meetings and conferences
- Liaising with clients, experts, counsel and third-party solicitors
- Preparing bundles and collating witness statements
- Chase medical evidence
- Arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents.
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner.
- Active involvement in business development and networking
- Complying with CPR requirements and rules of all relevant professional bodies
- Qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive or Fee Earning Paralegal
- A minimum of 1 years' experience within personal injury
- To be able to handle your own caseload of files
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with some previous experience of drafting and effective management of client expectations.
- Advanced IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- An organised and accurate approach to work, with effective prioritising skills.