In 2019 we were recognised by Indeed as the #1 care provider in the UK to work for and #3 overall for privately owned companies.
You can earn up to £9.80 per hour
as a Senior Care Assistant working days in Foylebank Care Home A variety of shift patterns for Senior Care Assistants available:
What we offer our Senior Care Assistants:
- Part time roles
- Full time roles
- Days available
- Alternate weekends
You will also benefit from the following exciting offers:
- Fully funded professional development
- Have a voice to share your ideas to improve and develop the service
- Free DBS
- Contracted hours
- Excellent career progression
- National Health Discount Scheme (up to 60% off high street names)
- Blue Light discount package (superb discounts on travel, leisure, entertainment and more)
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program (offering support for employees and their families)
- Internal competitions to wins prizes such as vouchers, holidays, extra annual leave
You'll also have the opportunity to join our Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Course, A nationally recognised course giving you the opportunity to learn and utilise clinical skills to support registered practitioners.You will be expected to:
You must have:
- Report any concerns relating to significant changes in residents' health
- Contribute to / carry out care and support plan reviews
- Lead the Healthcare and Higher Healthcare team
- Adhere to the Home's system designed to assess the risk of, and to prevent, detect and control the spread of infection
- Ensure all aspects of the Home's environment are clean and tidy
- Administer residents' medication in line with the Home's policies and procedures
- Respond to the emergency / call bell system quickly, assessing the situation, dealing with or gaining assistance to efficiently deal with all circumstances
- Assist with setting up the rota for all staff and to assist in the covering of shifts due to unexpected absences / holidays etc.
- Support the Registered Care Home Manager to assess and monitor the quality of the services provided by obtaining information for audit purposes when requested.
- To support the Registered Care Home Manager to assess and monitor the quality of the services provided by obtaining information for audit purposes when requested.
- To ensure the Company's complaints policy and procedures are followed when dealing with any concerns or complaints raised by residents or visitors to the Home.
- To work within the structure of the Health and Social Care Act 2008, associated regulations and other legislation in order to deliver care to the highest standards. To work in accordance with Local Authority Social Service contract specification.
- To perform other such duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as may be reasonably required.
- A caring nature and desire to make a difference in someone's life
- Previous experience in a Social Care setting
- Excellent communication and customer skills, at all levels
- NVQ3 or above or other professional qualification in Care
- The right to work in the UK
- A good level of English - both written and spoken
- Approachable and supportive to individuals
- Family business that has been providing reliable and professional care since 1986
- One of the largest care groups in England with over 3500 staff
- 90% of our customers rate us as excellent or great
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90780864