We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful companies on the globe to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
In Consulting our business is transformation and we are known for our focus on and commitment to achieving results. We combine strategy, technology and management consulting expertise to help organisations succeed with an understanding of how business works and a knowledge of how the right technology in the right place can create competitive advantage.
Our Finance Team provides full lifecycle support to CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers and other members of the CSuite to optimise the value delivered by their finance and broader business/corporate services/back office functions and to improve their contribution to the overall performance of the business.
The right person will have skills in technology-enabled Finance and corporate services transformation covering areas such as Finance, HR, Procurement, IT, with experience of selling and implementing technology-enabled global business services models. Typical technologies are Microsoft Dynamics and Oracle.
We deliver high value solutions, from strategy to execution, solving our clients' complex business problems through technology enablement. These include
About the role
- Finance and business services operating model transformation (service and interaction models, organisation design process change, shared services, sourcing etc) from strategy and assess through to implementation
- Driving value from technology to enable operating model transformation (Cloud ERP, Robotics Process Automation and AI, EPM, Consolidation and Reporting, Data Models, Priority Based Budgeting) covering all elements from vendor assessment and selection, architecture design through to systems and business integrator implementation.
- Achieving business insight and achieving business growth
- Changing culture in Corporate Services.
This is a senior level appointment for a Director to be responsible for
RequirementsEssential skills & experience
- building relationships with our key clients within the pharmaceutical industry
- identifying client needs, proposing solutions to them and closing sales
- leading the delivery of projects
- developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you
Desirable skills & experience
- Consulting track record (ideally Big 4) with extensive experience & network within the Local Public Services market
- Experience of leading large scale global technology-enabled Finance and wider Corporate Services transformation programmes from assessment and strategy through delivery
- Experience of leading the design and implementation of leading finance technologies (ERP & EPM systems, RPA, AI). Microsoft and Oracle being the preferred ERP technologies.
- Operating model re-design and experience of shared services and outsourcing; Finance Business Partnering.
- Leading and developing teams
- Understanding our clients' business and showing strong commercial acumen
- A substantive track record of new business sales
- Senior stakeholder management and relationship building
- Experience of Lean methodologies for process/ cost optimisation
- Experience of developing thought leadership, new methodologies and propositions in this area
- Formal accounting qualification or equivalent understanding of accounting principles and processes.
- Understanding of broader business services office processes and technology, i.e. HR, payroll, procurement, CRM.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.