Interim IT Commercial Manager x 2
Pay Rate: Up to £500 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
These roles are an exciting opportunity to provide proactive commercial leadership, support, challenge and innovation to a wide range of requirements and projects in complex and high value commercial environments.
This high impact and challenging commercial role requires an individual with hands on experience of delivering a high quality customer focused commercial service to a range of customers and stakeholders, engaging and influencing to deliver the best commercial outcomes savings and benefits
Using an "expert level" of public sector commercial expertise and knowledge, you will lead and support the delivery of customer requirements and projects using different procurement routes including Frameworks, OJEU and existing contracts across a range of policy and business areas.
The role requires an individual that has experience in managing contracts in the Technology category. Examples of Technology areas are: Software, PaaS, Network, Data, Digital and more.
You will also work with internal and external stakeholders to lead the deliver of procurements and contracts in areas of significant and varying scale and complexity.
These are hands on and challenging commercial roles which require individuals with drive, excellent stakeholder management skills and public sector commercial experience to deliver a range of major procurements in fast paced environments.
- Lead and deliver a high volume and wide variety of procurements and contracts in areas of varying scale and complexity, including with policy and operational customer teams.
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of public procurement processes and how they can be applied to support successful outcomes for customers and to support the delivery of key priorities
- Very effectively utilise your commercial skills and experience to run end to end procurements, applying a hands on approach to deliver on time, often under challenging circumstances and demonstrating the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Liaise with other government departments, including Crown Commercial Service (CCS) to ensure the effective utilisation of different frameworks (including
- Digital Market Place - GCloud and DOS) and other appropriate procurement routes including OJEU
- Work with and influence programme and project managers to ensure that the end-to-end procurement programmes and projects are conducted in line with EU Directives, Public Procurement Regulations, UK legislation, VfM policies and internal competition rules.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from within the commercial division and operate flexibly at times of peak demand from time to time to support projects.
- Support commercial colleagues and customers in helping to prepare and implement effective category management strategies for allocated business areas.
- Ensure agreed supplier cost savings targets are delivered, tracked and reported;
- Quickly develop and manage effective working relationships at all levels, to lead and inspire others and to champion new ways of working to deliver better commercial outcomes.
Contract Length: 3 months initially "Essential Requirements" - Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role - please give full details within your CV document
- Additional Requirements:
- BPSS - security clearance
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90766405