Band 3 - Health Care Assistant Covid19 Community TestingEmployer:
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustDepartment:
Mobile Community SwabbingLocation:
£19,737 - £21,142 per annumJob Type:
Fixed term (12 months)Working pattern:
37.5 hours per week
We are recruiting experienced Healthcare Assistants to join our Urgent Care Service as a Covid-19 community tester. This role will support our Covid-19 testing to ensure that we can provide the safest care for both our staff and patients within the community.
You will be performing Covid-19 swab tests within the community and will be visiting patients' homes, care homes as well as supporting our static Covid-19 testing sites. This role requires lots of travel across the borough, and so it is essential that you hold a full driving license valid in the UK. However, you do not need a vehicle as you will also have access to a one of our cars during your working hours.
We will provide you with the necessary Personal Protective Equipment to carry out the role safely and you will be working in a supportive team.About the Job
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- Perform initial assessments on patients in a courteous and helpful manner trying to allay fears and anxieties that the patient may have
- Undertake Covid-19 swab tests on patients with potential infectious diseases either in their own home, care homes or at our testing centres.
- All testing procedures must be followed, and details recorded correctly
- Always ensure effective infection, prevention and control measures are always adhered to
The 4 "must haves" for you to be considered for this role:
- AfC Salary ranging from £19,737 - £21,142 per annum
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff
- And so much more
- Must have NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Hold a full Driving Licence valid in the UK
- Experience in a customer-based environment
- Excellent communication skills
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we would recommend you apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90766303