Mechanical Technician- Fixed term Job Description
We currently have exciting opportunities for fixed term Mechanical Technician to join us at Barrow Mill
Kimberly-Clark is the world's premier tissue manufacturer and the company behind the market leading consumer brands Huggies®, Kleenex®, and Andrex®. Much of this success is largely due to the people behind our products - namely our 41,000 employees worldwide. Our manufacturing facility at Barrow-in-Furness is responsible for the production of tissue products, including Andrex and Kleenex. The site is currently benefiting from investment in new equipment and upgrades and this now provides the following opportunities for enthusiastic and experienced individuals to join our manufacturing teams.
· To problem solve and work with the Manufacturing team to fault find and improve equipment - applying technical theory and related knowledge to test and modify developmental or operational machinery and control equipment.
· To modify prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of Engineers. To diagnose cause of technical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
· Plans, directs, and records periodic testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
· Actively utilises CMMS system SAP.
· To record test procedures and results as necessary
· To act as a part of a team championing Engineering best practice on site.
· To be aware of developments in own engineering discipline.
· To assist in detailed planning of maintenance and engineering work.
· To ensure housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
· To ideally possess a minimum of 4 GCSE's or equivalent, including Mathematics and English.
· To be working towards or having achieved a HNC/HND (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline.
· A strong awareness for safety
· Good interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of people
· Computer literacy skills
· A 'hands on' approach to problem solving
· A committed and flexible approach
· Recognised apprenticeship in a relevant field ideally NVQ level 3 with hands on experience in Manufacturing /FMCG environment preferred.
In Return we offer a generous benefits package including:
· Competitive pay
· Generous pension scheme
· Private healthcare
· Share Scheme options
· Gym Membership
· Any many more!!
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role Primary Location United Kingdom- Barrow Additional Locations Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type Fixed Term (Fixed Term) Time Type Full time