Simcyp are looking for software developers to join our team in one of the fastest growing and most dynamic fields, combining innovative drug development, regulatory sciences and software to increase the speed of developing safe and efficacious drugs for patients.
The tools allow the creation of virtual people and the subsequent testing of new drugs within this virtual environment. The client base is a mix of major blue-chip pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations, Regulators and Academic centers of Excellence. Simcyp is the global industry standard, consequently, there is a continuous requirement for high quality people to join us, help in our expansion and share in our success.
The Sheffield based Simcyp Division employs over 140 people including over 80 scientists and software developers programing computer simulated models of the human body and the effect pharmaceutical drugs have upon it before going to trial. Currently we have openings for web developers to support the development of our platforms both for use within client organizations and in the AWS Cloud.The candidate must also be eligible to work in the UK.Requirements:Essential
- Ideally educated to graduate level, the successful applicant will have2 or more years' experience in C++ and a thorough understanding of the software development life cycle from design specification through to testing and evaluation. A drive for problem solving and an inquisitive mind.
- Ability to achieve under tight deadlines and thrive in a pressured environment.
- Evidence to support dynamic and self-motivated work.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team on large projects.
- Indications of good communication skills for internal and external contacts.
- Development of desktop applications using C++.
- Lifecycle product development including design, validation and testing.
Full Time (Mon - Fri)Holiday Entitlement:
25 days, plus statutory bank holidaysSalary:
£35,000 - £60,000 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience (plus discretionary bonus, non-contributory pension scheme, private health care (Vitality and Westfield), subsidized gym membership etc. )Location
: Sheffield, UK