Senior Software Engineer - Excellent career growth opportunities/Top Client list
Location: Edinburgh commutable preferred (can be UK wide though)
Package: up to £50,000 + 25 days annual leave + 3% Flex Fund + Life Assurance + Pension
Bring your Software Engineering expertise to us and in return we'll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria helps Government to solve today's big challenges. We combine technical expertise and delivery capability with vision to accelerate change and reimagine the way that public services are designed and delivered. We work with energy and integrity to create?intelligent, highly secure, joined-up solutions that make a difference to everyday lives. We've been helping government to make a difference for 50 years, creating common systems and approaches, enabling government to work across multiple agencies and radically transform how public services are delivered. Empowering government to make a difference to everyone, every day.The day job
An excellent opportunity to join a team going through extensive growth as they work on a Scottish Government project creating a portal that will make a positive difference to a mass of people. A project being released in annual stages this will keep you busy for a number of years. Job security and career grow is key with this one!
You'll be someone experienced and able to work with minimal guidance from a technical point of view. Adapt at solving problems with commercial judgment and influential in customer relationships.
Essential skills:Desirable skills:
- To deliver work to agreed estimates and timescales
- To produce software component designs and specifications
- To produce and test software components of any size and complexity
- To produce unit, link and integration test plans and test results
- To create test data and testing environments for unit, link and integration testing
- To assist with integration testing, system testing, acceptance testing and implementation
- To produce system documentation
- To implement change control procedures
- To implement appropriate software configuration management processes for deliverables
- To identify and communicate potential risk areas to the company
- To carry out audits and participate in technical walkthroughs of other team members' components, test plans and resultsTo support a body of knowledge in the application of technology to addressing business issues
Reasons why you should apply to us
- Awareness of UK Government Standards (Accessibility, UI, etc)
- MS SQL Server
- Window IIS
- Window Server Basic policy setup
- Understanding of cloud platform deployments (e.g., CI/CD build) on AWS or Azure
- For custom component development, not required in most of the cases:
- .NET library and component framework
- As Developer, though depending on the blend of the team, could have less experience
- We're big - really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you'll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list - we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90766125