We have an opportunity available for a Procurement Lead to join us based at our HQ in Southampton however we are all currently working from home where possible. This is a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £74,000 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business, and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life and we're looking for people to join our journey.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Procurement Lead:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus a suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
As our Procurement Lead, you will lead the Business Centre team and support our internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for managing events at our state-of-the-art head office, leading on our Corporate Charity Partnership, Volunteer scheme, Work Experience programme and our incredible employee led Sport and Social clubs. This is a truly unique position that brings variety and opportunity, as we adapt to new ways of working.
Key duties of our Procurement Lead:
- Lead and enhance the delivery of professional and influential category management services, designing and executing category strategies and sourcing approaches that achieve best value against agreed success measures and deliver business objectives
- Lead complex and high value contract and service level agreement (SLA) negotiations, partnering with the business to understand, agree and deliver business requirements and ensure identification and mitigation of financial, operational, and commercial risks
- Manage the category management team and act as deputy to the Head of Procurement providing mentoring and support to the wider team to increase and enhance function capability and facilitate individual and team development
- Negotiate high value contracts, developing key relationships with suppliers and in the industry, to ensure favourable commercial terms for OS
- Develop key supplier relationships to evolve the collaboration to a partnership with shared risk and reward
- Ensure compliance with Government and other wider stakeholder requirements whilst ensuring the commercial integrity of the organisation is developed
- Identify opportunities for, and lead the delivery of, cross business initiatives and innovative sourcing solutions that drive improvements
- Enhance and develop Supplier Performance review metrics and lead strategic reviews with the business that deliver continuous improvement in service, ensuring that the KPI's and service levels deliver the value the business expects
- Build and maintain influential internal and external relationships and networks to facilitate development and adoption of appropriate policies and best practice
What we are looking for in our ideal Procurement Lead:
- CIPS qualification or equivalent
- Extensive experience of strategic sourcing, procurement and negotiation
- Demonstrable experience of senior stakeholder engagement
- Extensive experience of Team management and development
- Experience of operating internationally would be advantageous
The Procurement team play a critical role for OS and sit as part of our Corporate Services team who are a key function in supporting and enabling the business to deliver for our customers.
If you have extensive experience of strategic sourcing, procurement and negotiation and want to join a growing organisation with an exciting strategy where procurement is adding value across the business both in Great Britain and Internationally, then this could be the role for you. Please click 'apply' today to be considered as our Procurement Lead.
Closing date:Saturday 10th October