About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Perform in-depth credit, financial and cash flow analysis using various methodologies relevant for the shipping industry
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and analyse the impact of different capital structures, including both debt and operating lease solutions
- Participate in origination, structuring and execution of transactions, from the pitch phase, due diligence, business and credit approvals, documentation, negotiations, through to deal closing and utilisation
- Prepare presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as strategic alternatives including structured finance and asset-based finance solutions, general corporate finance and/or industry outlook
- Maintain up to date knowledge on clients and targets
- Research and analysis of markets and industries
- Research and financial analysis of companies based on company information, research reports, and other information sources
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members and other internal stakeholders across the Bank
- Involved in day to day project management, execution support and stakeholder management
- Complete all required credit and regulatory examinations (if required)
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- External: Clients, Banks and Lawyers
- Internal: Relationship teams, Credit, Product partners, Other relevant middle and back office functions.
- Finance/Accounting/Economics/Engineering/Law/Business Qualification with Industry experience and degree or post graduate qualified from a top-tier school.
- Experience is preferred in a credit and/or lending related environment such as corporate finance and/or structured finance.
- Knowledge of the shipping industry is preferred but not necessary
- Strong analytical, writing, interpersonal/communication and organisational skills
- Prior relevant experience in a top-tier investment bank with a track record in Structured Debt, Project Finance, M&A, Capital Markets, Financial Markets or Structured Trade transactions is favourable
- Solid financial evaluation and modelling skills
- Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- Strong work ethic, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and deliver under time pressure in a highly competitive and dynamic deal driven environment
- A pro-active and flexible team member with a "can do" mentality
- Fluency in English (verbal and writing) is a must. Additional languages is a plus.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Valued Behaviour Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.