The Fix are working with a very well known agency based in London who are looking for a Senior Medical Writer to join their team
They are a medical communications agency with an enviable reputation in the industry for both their work and company culture.
The ideal candidate will be a senior medical writer already within a healthcare advertising agency. In this role, you will be the main writer on at least two key accounts and have a supporting role on others. You will be responsible for managing more junior writers too!
We are looking for a proactive person who is able to drive his or her own editorial projects within the integrated account team. You'll have a strong writing background and be looking for a role where you can provide expert editorial and scientific guidance to more junior writers, the account handling team and of course our clients. You will also play a key role in nurturing and expanding current business relationships so having a creative outlook and willingness to sensitively challenge the status quo would be a bonus.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects across the full spectrum of medical communications activities, including congress activities, training materials, websites and digital apps. Our main therapy areas are currently oncology, dermatology, CNS disorders and addiction medicine but new business wins will almost certainly provide an opportunity to work in other areas.
You will be able to:
* Write and manage the delivery of scientific content for a range of medical communication activities
* Confidently provide on-site writing/content support and is able to undertake client visits alone as necessary
* Able to review projects for scientific/strategic accuracy and alignment with the project brief, client and the business, including those that may not have been executed previously in the agency
* Is the main point of contact for the client concerning scientific support and strategy on key accounts and is able to take briefs with no supervision - providing in turn, detailed briefs to other team members
* Actively participates in the execution of established editorial deliverables adhering to project deadlines, budgets and briefs
* Leads on calls and meetings with authors and key opinion leaders
* Liaises with clients routinely by email, telephone and in person and is responsible for driving client meetings, while also coaching junior writers in these processes; always responds promptly to client requests
* Has a thorough understanding of product strategy and therapy area to ensure communication objectives are met on assigned projects
* Uses a range of resources to understand the underlying science and product strategy related to assigned projects
* Has the ability to identify key thought leaders using multiple research approaches
* Is able to immediately step into therapeutic areas outside those assigned, e.g. in a pitch situation
* Has line-management responsibility and is actively involved in constructing professional development plans for editorial team members; plays an active role in appraisals, objective setting and identification of training needs
* Coaches and mentors' junior writers and provide training in relevant therapy areas, disciplines and editorial processes
* Advises the editorial team on industry best practice and is a champion of editorial processes and working practices
* Helps the senior management team to hire and attract the best talent for the business, alongside the talent acquisition team, by attending interviews and networking through professional events and social media
Who you are:
* Ideally, you will have worked within an agency
* You will have solid medical writing skills and experience, as you will be responsible not only for the quality of your own editorial work but also for providing advice and guidance to other writers and the wider agency
* You should have client-facing experience and be comfortable developing and maintaining client relationships
* You should hold a bachelor's degree ideally in the life sciences possibly also with a master's degree or a PhD