Senior Attendance Officer - Oldham. The Job Monday to Friday
Prospero teaching are currently looking for an experienced attendance officer to start as soon as possible to cover a long-term sickness absence at an academy in Oldham. The role would involve being in charge for attendance across the large 11-16 academy. You must be fully conversant and competent with attendance and truancy legislation and have knowledge of the system for monitoring and reporting. You must also be familiar with SIMS. The school is an 11-16 Academy in Oldham. The school is an Improving school working to regain its former Good Status. It has excellent facilities for teaching and learning. The school is a supportive and positive working environment and easily accessible by bus and car
The role includes:
- Contacting students and parents regarding attendance, lateness or persistence absence from school
- Update school records, analyse attendance data and provide reports to senior managers and other professionals. Disseminate information, both internally and externally, in a timely fashion.
- Meet with school staff, pupils and parents to establish the reasons for non-attendance/poor punctuality and agree a plan with appropriate strategies and timescales to tackle the issues.
- Make contact with the families in response to allocated referrals through home visits and/or meetings in school.
- Liaise with the Education Welfare Officer. Prepare the appropriate paperwork and present information as required to enable the school to meet its obligations and statutory responsibilities. This will include requesting penalty fine notices, and, if appropriate, the completion of Common Assessment Form (CAF) referrals.
- Be fully aware of and carry out all work in line with Child Protection /Safeguarding Procedures.
- Liaise and work with external organisations as required.
- Keep accurate, clear and concise records of all interventions and consultations and update information on the school's attendance system.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the statutory framework and any policies and procedures relating to school attendance, child employment, child protection and special needs etc. in order to be able to offer informed advice to parents, school staff and others.
- Liaise with Pastoral Support and advice on all matters relating to attendance and where necessary take a lead role in developing work processes to improve school attendance.
To be eligible for this role through Prospero Teaching, you must:
- Hold right to work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate checked against Children & Adults on the update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
- Have experience being an attendance officier
- Used SIMS
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy