Job Title - Finance Director
Location - Lytham, FY8 4TQ
Duration - Perm / Full-time
Salary - £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Sector - Finance
A relatively new charity in the social care sector, formed by the merger of two locally based charities is looking for a Finance Director to join their team. This person will play a significant role in helping to deliver the charity's strategic plan, providing vision, leadership and direction to ensure it achieves its strategic priorities.
People are at the heart of everything they do, and they aim to be a fabulous place to work for people who have and demonstrate the right values in this person-centred team.
Out client is looking for a commercially minded, strategic thinker who will look to implement an ethos of continuous improvement in the finance and corporate services functions which will inform and enhance decision making and deliver improvements across all areas.
To be a successful Finance Director, you will have the following skills and experience:
* To be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified is essential as well as a developed understanding of financial/management accounting practices. An understanding of working in a regulated system would be ideal, although not essential
* Competency with financial accounting software and advanced Excel / MS office ability
* Working in an environment of transition, managing and leading change management processes whilst securing business as usual
* Experience of working in a commercial and strategic environment at Executive and Board level presenting management information and analysis, working as a thought partner
* Articulate and able to present strong business cases and to influence peers/Directors. Strong problem-solving skills and with an understanding of cost drivers is very important
* The ability to communicate, and empower teams to ensure the delivery of the service whilst maintaining high standards and excellent reputation
* Ability and aptitude to get involved in day to day financial activities with a high level of analytical and report writing / development skills
As the Finance Director, your duties will include:
* Contribute to the development of the charity's strategy across all business areas, challenging assumptions & decision-making as appropriate - providing financial analysis/guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
* Take a lead role in the transformation & change agenda for the finance & corporate services functions, including management and external service suppliers and procurement activities
* Support and contribute to the 2020/21 programme of transformation including the implementation of the ERP system as per project timeline
* Engender a culture of collaboration across departments, with continuous, ambitious improvement targets focussing on supporting the delivery of objectives/service delivery
* Lead the development & delivery of the charity's information strategy as part of the overall corporate strategy, which will include: strategic leadership of the information, communication and assistive technologies; oversight of cyber and Information Security, IT Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery
* Provide leadership to the CEO, Board & Executive to optimise the company's financial performance and ensure optimal company performance and all the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
In return, the Finance Director will receive a base salary of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move into the charity sector, or for an experienced not for profit sector candidate looking for an exciting new challenge