Role: Technical Program Manager - Connectivity
Job Type: Contract - 14 Months
Salary: £132,995 PA
An amazing opportunity has come up with a global brand for a technical program manager (Connectivity).
Duties: We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to help us execute on our vision of connecting the world, specifically someone who is passionate about improving connectivity in the developing world. In this role, you will work closely with network operators, industry stakeholders, and internal cross functional teams to improve connectivity through business model innovations and new tools and technologies. This position is full-time and will be remote. The Connectivity team has the task of brining more people online to a faster internet. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of our large, complex, multi-stakeholder projects. This includes everything from developing network architectures and plans to partner relations and helping create and execute our long-term strategy. You need to be comfortable in a highly ambiguous start-up environment where you will need to juggle multiple balls and change direction frequently.
- Develop technical aspects of program and project strategies to extend the reach and accelerate the expansion of wireless broadband networks to connect the under-connected.
- Work closely with network operators, infrastructure providers and internal teams to develop and execute new broadband wireless infrastructure deployment projects.
- Develop wireless network architectures to support innovative, low cost use-cases in developing markets.
- Develop high-level and low-level wireless access network plans using internal and 3rd party tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, define, and execute on connectivity goals across a portfolio of projects and activities including market research, data analysis, network planning, product development, pilots, and network deployments.
- Collect and analyse project data and provide guidance based on what the data tells you.
- Team with partners and company regional, program, and project managers to ensure projects are delivered and connectivity goals are realized against aggressive timelines
- BS or MS in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing complex strategies, solutions, and deployments in the Telecom industry.
- Deep understanding of wireless network technologies, architectures and ecosystem.
- Direct experience designing large scale wireless network architectures and plans.
- Deep understanding of wireless network operations, KPIs and SLAs.
- Deep understanding of wireless network costs, including CapEx and OpEx.
- Understanding of wireless network economics.
- Direct experience interfacing with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, including operators, OEMs, suppliers, and regulators.
- Strong data analytics and data modelling skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25-30%. International travel may be required.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- MS in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working directly with technical and operational clients.
- Experience working directly with rural network operators.