Personal Injury Fee Earner(Work Related Diseases) NQ + Sale, Manchester
Very Competitive Salary
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Solicitor, Legal Executive or Fee Earner to join a specialist Personal Injury department within a recognised law firm. You will be working on a caseload for a variety of clients on multitrack and high value claimant industrial/occupation disease cases.
The firm are keen to grow the department, therefore a following is essential.
The types of work-related disease claim's the law firm deal with include:
- Respiratory diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Pleural thickening
- Vibration syndromes
- Repetitive Strain Injury
The role will be handling your own caseload of files with other duties to include:
- Managing a varied caseload of industrial disease claims
- Drafting various legal documentation
- Arranging meetings and conferences
- Liaising with clients, experts, counsel and third-party solicitors
- Preparing bundles and collating witness statements
- Chase medical evidence
- Arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents.
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner.
- Active involvement in business development and networking
- Complying with CPR requirements and rules of all relevant professional bodies
- Qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive or Fee Earner
- A following is essential
- A minimum of 1 years' experience within personal injury
- To be able to handle your own caseload of files
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with some previous experience of drafting and effective management of client expectations.
- Advanced IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- An organised and accurate approach to work, with effective prioritising skills.