Job Description/Key Skills:
- Role: Assurance Analyst - REF 26714
- Contracting Authority: Central Government
- Contract Length: 21/09/2020 - 21/08/2021
- Location: Corsham
- IR35: Inside
- Pay Rate to Candidate: £450.67 per day
- Security Clearance: SC
On behalf of the Principal Technical Coherence Case Officer, the Lead Technical Coherence Case Officer is required within NSOIT Base, to Understand the Business, Understand the Information / Data and Understand the Technology to deliver the required business outcomes aligned to the Defence Enterprise expectations.
The Lead Technical Coherence Case Officer will plan and ensure customer/stakeholder engagement in delivering Technical Coherence Assurance for all allocated assurance tasks which will come from the Defence ICT portfolio.
A key part of this role will be to lead, demonstrate and advocate the application of best practice within the projects they are working with. The Lead Technical Coherence Case Officer also has a responsibility to identify, support and mentor talent within the Technical Coherence function to improve the quality of Case Officers.
All Case officers will support wider governance bodies such as the Defence ICT Design Authority Board, the Release and Deployment Board and the ISS CAB providing technical input and appropriate risk assessments.Responsibilities May Include:
- Through early engagement, gaining an understanding of the business, Information/Data requirements /flows/sources, and technologies employed and how these fit into the wider enterprise, using this insight to review and influence projects' requirements to help 'shape' and ensure alignment Defence Policy, strategy and evolving shape of the Defence Enterprise.
- Providing advice and guidance to projects throughout their development and acting as a conduit to gain access to other SME advice as necessary covering:
- Architectures: Coherence with Defence Enterprise Architectures and policies helping to drive convergence, coherence and re-use of ICT components.
- Security: Ensuring that a bigger picture view covering the end to end capability is assessed and appropriate, Cyber measures are in place, electromagnetic emissions are addressed.
- Service/Capability Support: Implementation of adequate and appropriate service support and business continuity measures are in place to comply with policy and meet the business risk appetite.
- Safety: Ensure that delivered capabilities and services achieve MOD Safety & Environmental requirements and standards.
- End to End Performance: Assessment of the capabilities in the environment in which they are intended to operate.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum: Ensuring compliance with Defence Policy on use of the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
- Service Development: Assist Programme and Project Managers to ensure that service supplier's plans and products are aligned with strategy, coherent with the relevant technical architectures and compliant with policies and standards.
- Meeting regularly with Stakeholders to ensure evidence is gathered and assurance process is gradual rather than a cliff edge moment.
- Determining the risks associated with and the impact of releasing /changing/removing capabilities from Defence's Communication & Information Systems networks early on to enable their mitigation.
- Conducting assessments against JSP 604 (and other artefacts), producing Technical Release Readiness Assessment reports to capture the design and associated residual risks to the Defence Network.
- Ensuring implementation of the assessment recommendations and risk mitigation actions by the team delivering the capability
- Helping to scope test scenarios required for the capability domains to demonstrate adequate performance and operation alongside being a "good neighbour".
- Providing advice to Network Operating Authority Release and Deployment Board, The DefDig Change Advisory Board and the Defence ICT Design Authority Board to ensure that services are procured, developed and maintained in accordance with the Departmental strategies, policies and architectures and highlight risk presented by capabilities being assured.
- It should be noted that Lead Technical Coherence Case Officers will generally have responsibility for highly complex assurance cases or complex portfolios of applications, systems and services.
Awareness of MoD Risk Management practices and processes.
Demonstrable awareness of Programme / Project Management techniques.Essential Qualifications or Memberships:
Essential Technical Skills:
- ITIL v3 (Foundation).
- Membership of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET) or Membership of the
- British Computer Society (MBCS) or relevant experience in a technical sphere, ideally in
- Communications or Information Systems.
- Awareness of TOGAF.
- IT Governance
- Business Risk Management
- Information Systems Co-ordination
- Enterprise and Business Architecture Development