We are seeking a Technical Architect for our client based just outside of Newcastle. As Technical Architect you will be working as part of a highly skilled team to help build and run great digital services.
- Help define 'as-is' and 'to-be' architectures to develop full technical solutions including preparation of technical artefacts an blueprints, providing a high quality cost estimation for internal and external business cases.
- Undertake and lead on investigative analysis, providing the technical authority, making credible technical decisions and communicating these sensitively to ensure the right technical direction is followed.
- Facilitate scoping and priority setting of large or complex changes to enable the delivery team to provide robust options, harmonising across infrastructure and technologies wherever possible.
- Proactively devising and managing initiatives to deliver capacity performance and system availability improvements to meet or exceed targets
- Translating designs both logical and physical to support user friendly processes and systems, and communicate this across the stakeholders
- Set technical standards, tools, techniques and methods, and advise / influence others to adopt these to ensure consistency across the organisation.
- Monitoring the development of new and emerging tools, techniques and products to assess the potential value and identifying opportunities to enhance capabilities, products and services within the organisation.
- Identify and share good practices, driving the adoption of design standards, trends and patterns
The successful candidate will be experienced in building and running high volume, reliable and flexible services that are user-centric and continually improving.
The role does require some hands on involvement in designing and developing applications alongside excellent interpersonal skills. You will ideally have experience in development of transformational digital services on both brownfield estates and/or within high volume greenfield services.
You must have an IT related degree or equivalent, plus experience of at least two of - IT Architecture, System Design, Business and Technical Analysis and Management of significant ICT Implementation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90767860