As the Energy Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for guiding and motivating multi-disciplinary teams to develop innovative solutions as a Subject Matter Expert focused on Energy projects to achieve the best whole life value for Thames Water.
You will focus on creating Energy efficiencies across the business and support Operations to understand energy use and implement solutions to save costs and reach energy-saving targets.Key Responsibilities for the role include:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Develop best value solutions to briefed studies and projects.
- Drive constantly improving health, safety and environmental performance through the portfolio of assigned projects.
- Initiate and develop communication and good relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, with the aim of delighting our customers.
- Act as Energy subject matter expert in developing ideas, programmes, projects and solution development together with the other stakeholders within the business to achieve timely delivery of Energy and carbon-based project.
What's in it for you?
- A technical degree or equivalent; preferably at or nearing Chartered Engineer status.
- A track record in project delivery, including experience in design and/or contract management.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to deliver projects to meet both commercial and technical objectives.
- Motivation and drive.
- Ability to analyse data and make decisions on partial information.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Influencing/negotiating skills. Good planning and estimating skills.
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software.
This key role offers the unique opportunity to influence Operations and improve the understanding of Energy across the business including where we use it and how we can make savings.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company. The base location for this role is flexible within London and Thames Valley.
We're also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames WaterAbout us:
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90779497