Principal Engineer (Highway Engineering)
£48,000 to £55,000 DOE + 27 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Contributory Pension + Healthcare + Benefits + Training and Development
Principal Engineer with a background of delivering detailed designs for highways projects required for a quality focused transportation consultancy who are working on exciting projects across the UK. This role is for a company who is focused on employee development and can offer a secure position.
To apply for this role, you will hold experience working on designing and delivering highway projects and projects within the public realm. This role would suit either an experienced Principal Engineer in the highways field or a Senior Engineer looking to take a step up within their career. You will have experience and knowledge of NEC3 contract requirements and RIBA stages three to five. Chartership would be highly advantageous within this role.
The successful candidate will oversee a team of up to six engineers, working on a portfolio of large and small highway projects, ranging from construction values of £25k to £10m +. Your focus will be to manage and develop projects, creating both preliminary and detailed designs, however, managing, mentoring, and training the team will also be key. You will hold budget responsibility and will assist to grow your team to ensure that the right skill sets are in place to deliver projects.
This role is not purely office based as you will be client facing and a key part of your role will be to manage client accounts and put together bids and proposals, rectifying any issues along the way. You will ensure projects are delivered to client timescales and that quality and health and safety is at the forefront of this.
The Principal Engineer Role:
* Managing and developing projects creating detailed designs
* Oversee, manage, and grow a team
* Client facing
* Writing bids and proposals
* Experience in the highways industry, with a combination of public and private sector experience ideal.
* Experienced Principal Engineer or Senior Engineer looking to step up
* NEC3 Experience
* Good communicator, written and verbal.
* Commercially aware, with understanding of public and private sector finances and challenges.
* Ideally hold chartership status or working towards
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90776202