Senior DevOps EngineerOpen Banking | UK - Bristol - RemoteAbout The Company
In today's highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it's likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.The Role
The Open Banking specifications are driving banks to open up access to your data via open, standard, secure APIs. These APIs allow third parties to provide new, convenient, innovative, secure services to banking customers.
We at ForgeRock have been at the forefront of the Open Banking adoption in the UK. We have helped shape the APIs through our involvement with Open Banking Implementation Entity for whom we provided a reference implementation of the APIs. This 'mock bank' and it's APIs have been used by many third party providers to explore, learn and develop against the Open Banking standard.
We also provide a SaaS Open Banking Sandbox product that is used by financial organisations to provide a test facility that allows third parties to develop services safely against a sandbox environment before connecting to the banks live Open Banking APIs.
Our Sandbox is implemented using a microservices architecture which we deploy into on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes. We are now looking for a DevOps engineer to take over the day to day running of the deployment, monitoring and automation needed to run and maintain our Sandboxes.What You'll Be Doing
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Configure and manage the deployment of microservices to clusters in accord with customer requirements
- Configure and run (and ideally debug/develop) both deployment and functional test suites locally to diagnose issues with deployments
- Maintain and improve the Open Banking SaaS offering's deployment pipelines, monitoring and security practices.
- Reducing tasks for each deployment
- Ability to deploy any version to any cluster simply
- Look for ways to improve:
- Respond in a timely manner to outages and customer tickets
- Proactive in finding and implementing ways to improve things and make our day to day lives easier (processes, which technologies we use)
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies that may be of use to the project
Life At ForgeRockWe believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We've grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that's who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, ideally Google Kubernetes Engine
- Good working knowledge of Docker, Prometheus and Grafana
- Expertise in developing CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Helm
- Terraform for provisioning GKE
- Bash/shell scripting
- Operational knowledge of Linux systems
- Engineering experience with at least one programming language
- Knowledge of security, networking, DNS, firewalls, WAF etc
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you're hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We're Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe - San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!