The People Alliance are currently recruiting for an Assistant Investment Consultant
We are looking for an Assistant Consultant that will excel in this advisory role. This requires excellent communication skills, a passion about investments together with drive and enthusiasm.
We want someone who is unafraid to express a view and can express their view clearly, thereby contributing to the investment ideas we rely on to achieve our aims. We want to help you reach your potential and be the best that you can be.
By joining you will be involved in a wide variety of work. You'll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilities quickly.
In addition, you'll want to be, or already studying for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams or actuarial (IFoA) exams or recently qualified. We know that it's a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we'll help you every step of the way - we'll equip you with study materials and time to study. We will of course pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances.
Main duties and responsibilities
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Working in client teams to produce strategic advice.
• Potentially starting to lead client teams, or moving into this role rapidly.
• Setting up asset liability models to help our clients better understand risk.
• Producing clear written advice to help our clients quickly identify and understand the key issues.
• Preparing monitoring reports to help our clients understand what is driving performance.
• Attending client meetings to help deliver advice and understand the importance of effective communication.
• Researching investment ideas across the full range of asset classes.
• Researching fund managers.
• Supporting asset transitions across managers and funds.
• Contributing to the continuous debate about how we do an even better job for our clients (e.g. new investment ideas or ways to communicate investment concepts).
Passionate about investments and investing
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong desire to become a client facing consultant
• Confidence to express a view
• Hard working, dedicated individual
• Desire to take responsibility for work
• Effective organisation skills and ability to manage and prioritise workload
• Proactive attitude & quick to learn
• Care and keen attention to detail
• Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office
• Good mathematical ability
• Experience as an Assistant Investment Consultant in an employee benefits consulting firm or very similar directly relevant role.
• Experience of the investment issues faced by pension schemes
• Experience of delivering advice to pension schemes
• Experience of researching investment ideas or investment managers
• Progress towards the CFA or actuarial exams
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
• Competitive salary
• Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Pension Plan
• Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
• Life Assurance cover
• Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
• Interest free season ticket loan
It is a policy that an appointment is conditional on the following requirements and will be withdrawn without compensation if any of these conditions are not satisfied:
• Employment references
• Employment gap verification (Greater than 1 month)
• Adverse financial history (Detailed)
• Identity verification and Right to Work confirmation
• Basic DBS Disclosure (online process through DDC)
• Retro employment checks every 2 years