Are you a confident Band 5 or already a Band 6 who would like to explore a more rewarding clinical challenge in a Forensic Mental Health Setting? Are you ready to further develop your clinical skills? We want to recruit an exceptional OT our current Band 6 vacancies. We have one role available in our CAMHS secure service and one in our Adult Male Mental Illness and Personality Disorder Secure ServicePost:
(Band 6) Occupational TherapistResponsible for:
The post holder will line manage an Activity Coordinator and a Band 5 OT.Responsible to:
Highly Specialist OT (Band 7) at Bury (on site manager for supervision)Hours:
40 hours per weekLocation:
Bury, BL8 2BS
Join our supportive friendly team near the lively city of Manchester and make an application today.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Ruth Hudson Head OT - , Jenna Abernethy Highly Specialist OT for CAMHS - or our in house recruiter .
We have over 150 OTs in the company, we work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Mental Health, Neuropsychiatry, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
The vacancies have come about due to our current post holders progressing their careers in to more senior posts. Patients needing admission to these wards will have complex mental health needs and will exhibit significant risk to themselves and/or to others. Their level of distress and functioning will need confident OT input to help these individuals rebuild their lives for a positive future beyond secure care.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user's diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop OT treatment plans accordingly.
Prioritisation skills are key to manage the caseload of clients effectively and you will work closely with the Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary team onsite.5 reasons why you should make an application today...
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills
- You will be a part of a large service at Bury comprising of 14 different wards and a wide range of experience to draw from within the OT team.
- National networks of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
- Low caseload number to support intensive OT focused interventions.
In return we will offer you:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- Experienced in the field of adult mental health, working with personality disorders or CAMHS environments
- Currently working as a Band 5 or Band 6 OT with an ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentations
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a "hands on" approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- A competitive salary £31,500pa-£36,000pa - DOE
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership and Management, Sensory Integration.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert on site clinical supervision and peer support (x3 Band 7 posts at our Bury hospital site)
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Company pension scheme
- NHS ID Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
- Relocation packages offered
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*