We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Business Intelligence Technical Advisor to provide technical expertise on Business Intelligence (BI) and associated solutions and assist in providing BI services to the Council. You will be working on a full time, fixed term basis for 12 months and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £34,788 - £37,849 per annum.
Potential extension of the contract beyond 12-months will be subject to funding.
The Business Intelligence Technical Advisor role:
You will help power the 'engine room' for the corporate business improvement and intelligence team. Technically skilled and adept, you will drive forward our #digitalfirst Data Management framework to improve data across the organisation. You will also develop innovative solutions to present the data back as information and intelligence to a wide-ranging audience. The team have been supporting our COVID-19 response, building technical solutions of which you would be an integral part of going forward.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop, configure, manage, maintain and monitor the council's BI solutions in accordance with best practice, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the continual review and evaluation of the service provision to ensure it is fit for purpose, drives continuous improvement and is effectively using available resources; implement appropriate service improvements to ensure a fit for purpose, well managed BI estate.
- Assist with the implementation of the Data Management framework.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation, records and configuration items in line with best practice guidance for service management.
- Ensure that approved systems, processes and methodologies are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support.
- Liaise, negotiate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior managers, employees and stakeholders.
- Gather information, analyse data, prepare and present detailed and complex reports to a variety of audiences.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of best practice standards for BI service provision.
- Contribute to the development of policies, procedures and guidance within area of expertise.
Training and experience we're looking for in our Business Intelligence Technical Advisor:
- A relevant level 6 qualification (or above) or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Willingness to undertake the Barnsley Leadership Programme
- Project management qualification
- Significant experience of delivering specialist technical BI services
- Experience of working within a project environment delivering technical solutions
- Experience of managing relationships with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis and the production of complex management information and reports
Personal skills we're looking for in our Business Intelligence Technical Advisor:
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent technical ICT and BI skills with the ability to rapidly move into emerging areas and develop new skills and expertise, and adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to organise and prioritise conflicting workloads and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under own initiative and under pressure, with minimal supervision.
- Possess a positive and enthusiastic customer focussed approach with the ability to manage conflict situations and effectively resolve complex issues.
Here at Barnsley, we live and work by four important values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service, and taking pride in what we do. As part of our team, you can be sure we'll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent. You see, we prioritise learning and enabling you to achieve your potential.
Currently it is our policy to work from home/remotely wherever possible, but you may on occasion need to visit the office within Barnsley town centre.
A Remote / Digital interview will take place in Early/Mid October with a start date as soon as possible after that.
Closing date: Sunday 27th September 2020
To achieve your ambitions while shaping a bright future for our communities, apply now to become our Business Intelligence Technical Advisor by submitting an application form today through our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90730979