Brighton College are looking to recruit a Junior ICT Technician on a full time permanent basis. In return you'll earn a competitive salary of circa £19,000 per annum.
The Junior ICT Technician Role
The Junior ICT Technician will be responsible for general maintenance of defined computer equipment and for the resolution of identified technical problems, as well as undertaking general tasks which will promote the use of ICT across the three schools. This position would be suitable for someone keen to embark on a career in ICT and suitable training will be provided.
Working hours: 40 hours per week, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with an hour unpaid lunch break.
As our Junior ICT Technician you'll need:
- Have a genuine interest in working within a school setting
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative and within a team
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Have sensitivity to the different levels of expertise amongst other staff
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware.
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting experience
- Experience Operating Systems and understanding of Anti-virus/ Anti-malware
- Basic electrical safety and computer connectivity.
As our Junior ICT Technician responsibilities will include:
- Report and log all technical issues
- Maintain the hardware and software inventory
- Check new computer equipment on arrival and install as appropriate
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as printers, touchscreens, visualisers, webcams
- Ensure the anti-virus software is installed, kept up to date and working properly on all stations
- Install and test new software and make it available to appropriate users
- Support all College users, including teachers, on the use of a wide range of general purpose and office related applications
- Follow suppliers recommended procedures 9. Undertake any specific training as required by the Senior IT Technician, Network Manager or the Director of ICT
- Any other duties that may be reasonably expected from an IT Technician, as directed by the Senior IT Technician, the Network Manager, the Assistant Network Manager or a senior member of staff.
- 20 days, increasing to 25 days after two years' service (in addition to bank holidays). Subject to operational requirements, additional days may be awarded during the period between Christmas and the New Year.
- Lunch is provided free of charge during term time
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
- Death in service benefit after successfully passing probation period.
Closing date for Junior ICT Technician applications: midday on Tuesday 29th September 2020.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role then please click 'apply' now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90776134