Due to internal promotion, we have an excellent opportunity for a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join a forward thinking, family owned business which is committed to creating a positive working environment and to training and developing its staff.
You will need to be apprentice trained, ideally qualified to HNC level or equivalent, and have experience of working on fast-paced high-volume manufacturing lines. Most of all you will need a positive attitude and strong work ethic and be committed to continually improving both your skillset and the engineering function.About You:
- Apprentice trained multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer.
- Experience of working with high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Qualified to HNC/BTEC or an equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Excellent fault-finding skills and are you able to demonstrate experience of planned and reactive maintenance work with basic PLC knowledge.
- Self-motivated, a good team player and have the ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Would you like to join a family owned FMCG Manufacturing Company with an impeccable reputation as an employer and with genuine career prospects?
- To provide a hands on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plants to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date with Best Practice and CI Initiatives.
- To document all breakdowns and repairs into the computerised Shire system in the database.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested by the Senior engineers.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all the statutory requirement including all Health and Safety issues.
- To work safely at all times using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- Well established with an excellent reputation within the food industry.
- Committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Producer of a range of high quality products, supplying to all of the major multiple retailers.
- Full time - 4 on 4 off 2 days 2 nights 7-7 plus 20 days holiday
- Salary and benefits - £41,746 plus contributory pension scheme, group income protection scheme, healthcare cashplan, life assurance, and more......
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact Andrew Jagger, Associate Director Food & FMCG Division quoting job reference AJ5003.
All CVs will be acknowledged.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90774391